• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +1.5 vs. Clemson

By the way, Clemson already has twice as many road ACC wins this season as Buzz does in 4 years. Couldn't be happier.

Clemson has nothing offensively outside of KJ. But Brownell does have them playing really solid D. I could see us tanking and losing by double digits or showing up and getting a W. Though I expect Buzzdick to be irrelevant to the process.

Clemson has nothing offensively outside of KJ. But Brownell does have them playing really solid D. I could see us tanking and losing by double digits or showing up and getting a W. Though I expect Buzzdick to be irrelevant to the process.

Bold prediction cotton. You are way out on a limb.

I think Buzz wins this one. This will prove he can't even lose correctly and give Wellman another CYA point.

I've got a $30 free play I'm gonna let ride against Buzz for the rest of the season. Easiest $500 I will have ever made. This team is dunzo.

This is a tricky game. When we see the Fightin' Buzzdicks on the schedule, we pencil it in as an automatic win. I just hope the team isn't looking ahead to UMD.....even a Buzzdick can get a win if you don't put in at least 50% effort.

KJ McD is definitely the best player on both teams, but when I look at the rosters I have a hard time thinking Clemson's is better. Switch coaches and you could probably switch places in the standings right now. Or better.

Brownell just needs to recruit better to get it back to where OP had it for a couple years.

Wake has never lost six straight games to Clemson.

They've lost five straight three different times. Twice in the 80s and currently.

Surprised by this. I would have thought a Barnes-era Clemson squad would have met that bar, but after thinking it over, that was probably when our Childress/Duncan teams owned the league.

ETA: having watched the first game, Clemson appears to have more talent than us. First time in my life I've ever said that for bball.

Last edited:
Clemson plays hard, especially on D. We don't. They want it more and are playing for the post season. Clemson 66-56.

Surprised by this. I would have thought a Barnes-era Clemson squad would have met that bar, but after thinking it over, that was probably when our Childress/Duncan teams owned the league.

ETA: having watched the first game, Clemson appears to have more talent than us. First time in my life I've ever said that for bball.

As crazy as it sounds, Wake at Clemson was a #2 vs. #3 matchup in 1997.

I've done well wagering against the Deacs on the road this year... but the home games are a lot tougher to call. No reason we can't win this one and BC, even though I've been saying we'd go 0-for February since mid-January.

You'd have to think that Clemson comes out motivated, at least.

Jesus, you guys don't even take bait to shit talk anymore. Not only has Buzzdick killed the program, he's salted the land.

Back