• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +11.5 vs. Duke

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Deacs open as 11.5 point underdogs for Buzz's Senior Night. I'd take Duke. Think they'll win by 15-20.

Last edited:
I'd stay away from this one. Double digit home dog is embarrassing. Think the Cuse line was less than this. Wake should compete tomorrow night for Travis, Coron, and even Buzz's last game at the Joel. But I can also see them laying down and losing by 30 and reaching yet another rock bottom.

this screams backdoor cover to me.

If it was in Jan or Feb, sure. Duke needs to polish off their tournament resume. They need a strong performance on ESPN2.

I would worry about the cover at the end, but I think we will pull our seniors for the applause late in the game, which should eliminate a chance of our closing the gap.

I'd stay away from this one. Double digit home dog is embarrassing. Think the Cuse line was less than this. Wake should compete tomorrow night for Travis, Coron, and even Buzz's last game at the Joel. But I can also see them laying down and losing by 30 and reaching yet another rock bottom.

True, but Syracuse is just so much different than Duke in they way they play, particularly against lesser competition. Duke plays at a much faster pace and man defense, both of which tend to stretch margins over the course of a game.

I would worry about the cover at the end, but I think we will pull our seniors for the applause late in the game, which should eliminate a chance of our closing the gap.

we SHOULD pull our sr's, but then again we should play our walk-ons in a blowout too, and we all know how that went

If it was in Jan or Feb, sure. Duke needs to polish off their tournament resume. They need a strong performance on ESPN2.

Meh. What they do Saturday night and in the ACCT is going to shape their resume a lot of more than tomorrow night.

Sure, but K isn't going to let up. They're in March mode.

Sure, but K isn't going to let up. They're in March mode.
He also isn't an idiot and probably assumes at this point that [Redacted] is toast, so no reason to keep the margin down for the sake of preserving [Redacted]'s job.

We win this: Travis 20 points & 7 boards.

We gave them fits for 15 minutes at Cameron without CMM.

Chill teaches CMM how to throw gum at Dukies behind bench.

we lose by double the spread every time. it will be a loss by 20+

Stopped reading here. They're #4 in the country with a resume that shouldn't crack the top 10. They could lose by five and still get a two seed.

i get that you have a fundamental disagreement with statistics or math, but kenpom has them at 3.

Stopped reading here. They're #4 in the country with a resume that shouldn't crack the top 10. They could lose by five and still get a two seed.

Kenpom #4 , BPI #5 , RPI #8 , SOS #9

Meanwhile, the #14 ranked team in the country has a Kenpom #25 , BPI #27 , RPI #17 , SOS #26

Last edited:
True, but Syracuse is just so much different than Duke in they way they play, particularly against lesser competition. Duke plays at a much faster pace and man defense, both of which tend to stretch margins over the course of a game.

Yup. Cuse's average margin is only 9.3...43rd in the nation IIRC. They actually overachieved when they beat us by 10 despite shooting only 26% in the first half and only 36% for the game (well below their 45% season average). Their 3PT % was way down as well at 21% compared to their 34% season average..

Last edited:
If Bz has told his players that he is leaving - as another thread suggests - then they might be so overjoyed :willynilly: that they play well enough to beat Duke . . . in which case Wellman will bring Bz back for a 5th year. :wtf:

Back