• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake + 14 against Kansas (for entertainment only)

So did Self rest his starters? No minutes on Scorecenter.

So did Self rest his starters? No minutes on Scorecenter.

He sat his starters for an extended period after Wake got close in the 2nd half to prove a point to his team. They treaded water for a while and then the starters came back in to finish the game. Nothing in the traditional sense of Kansas is up 20 with 2 minutes to go lets put in the walkons.

Second team played most of the 2nd half. Wiggins came back in with a little less than 6 minutes left.

So Self played it like an opening round game against a weak opponent?

Smart coaching.

Smart coaching.

Wasn't it numbers who argued that no team would ever sit their starters for an extended period in a "meaningful" game when I suggested Kansas might do it earlier this week?

Wasn't it numbers who argued that no team would ever sit their starters for an extended period in a "meaningful" game when I suggested Kansas might do it earlier this week?

to be fair he sat their starters because they were giving up ground. and one of their bench players is a top 10 pick in a loaded draft.

You're an idiot. That's not why they benched the starters at all.

Anybody making comments on the Kansas starters not playing in the second half as evidence of Self taking the game easy didn't watch the game.

Eh. People who watched the game said Kansas was never in danger of losing.

Eh. People who watched the game said Kansas was never in danger of losing.

Self yanked the starters when it was a six or eight point game in the second half. They weren't in serious danger after that point, but that's hindsight knowledge as well IMO. The point is Self didn't bench the starters for any reason other than they were playing like complete garbage and he wanted to send a message. The second team played relatively well once they go tin so he left them in for a bit.

We've reached the point where people who didn't watch the game are analyzing it. Great.

If you didn't watch, fine. But don't try to make arguments based on what you saw from other posts or read on the AP story.

Smart coaching.

I asked a question based on info from people who watched it. Feel free to answer it.

Back