• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake 2012 Basketball Class 18th (per CBS)

There are only thirteen of the Top 100 players on Scout who haven't committed. Of those only Amile Jefferson. Tony Parker and Torian Graham have a shot at going ACC.

Not following you on this...

He either thought you were a Wake fan or he was just being sarcastic. Wake brought in a class with Walker, Woods, and Aminu (called ATT for Al-Farouq, Tony, and Ty) and it was highly rated. Didnt really pan out though

He either thought you were a Wake fan or he was just being sarcastic. Wake brought in a class with Walker, Woods, and Aminu (called ATT for Al-Farouq, Tony, and Ty) and it was highly rated. Didnt really pan out though

Looking back, I am guessing you are correct in his thinking I was a Wake fan.

As to the above, we lost Torian Graham last month and the rumor was grades.

Is that why he committed, decommitted, recommitted, and then re-de-committed or whatever happened?

It will be interesting to see if Scout, Rivals and/ESPN rerate Devin now that he's over 6'9 versus being 6'7. He's also added 10-20 pounds.

At 6'7, 215, he was an undersized but active PF. Now that he is much bigger and stronger to go along with his other talents, shouldn't he be rerated?

Yeah, NC State temporarily pulled his offer until his grades go up a certain amount. I heard through the grapevine that he likes State and Gottfried so much that he might take the well established Hargrave Academy route to NCSU

It will be interesting to see if Scout, Rivals and/ESPN rerate Devin now that he's over 6'9 versus being 6'7. He's also added 10-20 pounds.

At 6'7, 215, he was an undersized but active PF. Now that he is much bigger and stronger to go along with his other talents, shouldn't he be rerated?

That's great. If Green can make the court for us as a bean pole, there's no reason Devin couldn't make an impact under the boards at 6'9, 250. Especially with a third year Carson at the 4.

No it doesn't. We will certainly be passed as other players commit. I'll set an over/under of being ranked 12.5 in the final Scout rankings and put $1000 down on it. Deal?

Uh, yes it does. Whether it will or not remains to be seen, but Devin, in particular, may be a 4* by the time it's all said and done.

I actually agree with you that we'll be 12.5 in the final rankings, but I think it's kind of an accomplishment given that there are some 2012 guys left whose commitments give a few teams the potential to leapfrog us (what's up, UNLV?).

PS: Borzello is a tool and more of a blogger than a legitimate recruiting analyst -does anybody follow him on Twitter?- in my opinion. It's easy to find tape on Steven Adams (he's pretty damn good, btw), if you're interested. There's not a ton of it, but this is 2012. I look to Telep, Daniels, Biancardi, Rankin, and a few others for most of my recruiting info.

If he committed to the heels or dukies he would be re-rated.

That's great. If Green can make the court for us as a bean pole, there's no reason Devin couldn't make an impact under the boards at 6'9, 250. Especially with a third year Carson at the 4.

What I like even better is that Devin's dad hired the same personal trainer to help Devin who led his sister to becoming ACC ROY.

Plus the trainer is supposedly interacting with our S&C coach.

I can't remember any recruit doing this prior to joining the Deacs.

This is still true.

Because Tony and Ty have lived up to their ranking and everything... At least Olek and EWill were able to produce somewhere. EWill was pretty good at Memphis and was a first rounder. Olek is a two year starter at Nevada.

Farouq was good in two years, but we got exactly nothing from Tony and Ty.

And before you bring up Tony's success elsewhere: Tony's numbers at Oregon are going to look like his numbers at Wake before too long. To add insult to injury, Oregon is far worse than Wake was when Tony was here and he still can't do anything.

UNLV just got Khem Birch from Pitt, they are building a powerhouse.

He's a transfer. Not sure he'll affect UNLV's ranking.

UNLV's class of 2012 is solid already (Reinhardt 4*, Top-50 RSCI) , but they're very close to two top-5 players in SF Shabazz Muhammad (5*, #1 RSCI) and PF Anthony Bennett (5*, #8 RSCI), both of whom seem to really like UNLV.

What I like even better is that Devin's dad hired the same personal trainer to help Devin who led his sister to becoming ACC ROY.

Plus the trainer is supposedly interacting with our S&C coach.

I can't remember any recruit doing this prior to joining the Deacs.

Saw a little of Maryland/UNC women this weekend. Alyssa Thomas is a baller and a half. Hopefully it's hereditary.

Because Tony and Ty have lived up to their ranking and everything... At least Olek and EWill were able to produce somewhere. EWill was pretty good at Memphis and was a first rounder. Olek is a two year starter at Nevada.

Farouq was good in two years, but we got exactly nothing from Tony and Ty.

And before you bring up Tony's success elsewhere: Tony's numbers at Oregon are going to look like his numbers at Wake before too long. To add insult to injury, Oregon is far worse than Wake was when Tony was here and he still can't do anything.

Elliot Williams hardly contributed to Duke, transferred (for a good reason) and had mediocre stats at Memphis. Olek Cyzk transferred, and did nothing until his senior year at Nevada. Senior Miles is averaging about the same as our sophomore Carson. So Duke got 6 seasons from 3 players, and the best of those is 7 points and boards a game. I'll gladly take 2 years of Al Farouq over all of that.

Back