• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

DeacDaddy

Hoping Against Hope
Reaction score
See ya next year

Last edited:
The full ACC schedule on October 7:

• Boston College at Army, Noon ET on CBS Sports Network – previously announced
  • William & Mary at Virginia, Noon ET on ACC Network
  • Marshall at NC State, 2 p.m. ET on The CW Network
  • Wake Forest at Clemson, 3:30 p.m. ET on ACC Network
  • Virginia Tech at Florida State, 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC or ESPN – network designation after the games of 9/30
  • Syracuse at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC or ESPN – network designation after the games of 9/30
  • Notre Dame at Louisville, 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC
  • Georgia Tech at Miami, 8 p.m. ET on ACC Network

Curious to see what team (QB?) emerges from our bye

Sports are weird. Just when a fanbase gives up on a team or player; they outperform expectation. It happens.

Hopefully that happens with the Wake Forest QB, soon and spectacularly.

I'm sure the country will be glued to VaTech catching a 70 point beatdown on national TV.

This ought to be one of those games with a $1 million bounty on the line for the winner.

We shall see, but love taking the Deacs when the consensus here trashes the football or basketball program.

I will gladly bet $1,000 straight up that Clemson wins this game. Will provide my contact details if you'd like to take that bet.

I will gladly bet $1,000 straight up that Clemson wins this game. Will provide my contact details if you'd like to take that bet.
This is at least the 2nd time recently you’ve called someone out and tried to make a ridiculous bet. Why would he consider betting you straight up when he could get at least 7-1 odds, if there even is a ML to bet, given how big the spread will be? Makes zero sense.

Still got faith in the Deacs, and would love to be wrong, but expecting a bloodbath in this one.

Still got faith in the Deacs, and would love to be wrong, but expecting a bloodbath in this one.
I have faith in the Deacs. But not at Clemson or even against Clemson. We haven't won there since 1998. And, apart from last year, haven't come close to beating them at all under Clawson.

I never bet on Wake but I'd be tempted if the Clemson line is huge. Obviously the fanbase is obsessed with our QB struggles, but GaTech was only down a TD in the 4th against a pretty solid Ole Miss team on the road a week ago. They aren't terrible. Clemson at Syracuse will be a coin toss or close to it. Their season is already ruined, fans are pissed. If we can shorten that game, keep Shipley in check a bit... Coming off a bye week I could see it being closer than expected.

Crapping on WF is just so fun right now. Let it all out.

Back