• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

Fun to point out that in his decade of coaching at Wake, Dave Clawson has never beaten Clemson.

Fun to point out that in his decade of coaching at Wake, Dave Clawson has never beaten Clemson.
Yet somehow Jim Caldwell managed to beat them twice, both times in Death Valley. Of course they were bad Clemson teams, but so were we. And we still haven't won there since 1998

Settling for OT last year was maybe the most frustrated I've been with Clawson. I started walking to the gate when we did that. Watched the disappointing end behind the scoreboard so I could get back to the car and pound drinks more quickly.

I think Clemson plays like rotten ass at Syracuse this week (they frequently do when at the Dome) and barely escape with a win. Their dipshit fanbase get even more unhinged. We spend two weeks getting our shit together and actually give them a good game. In the end I don't think we can contain their running game and lose 34-24.

Settling for OT last year was maybe the most frustrated I've been with Clawson. I started walking to the gate when we did that. Watched the disappointing end behind the scoreboard so I could get back to the car and pound drinks more quickly.
Made me sick last year to watch us shred their secondary all day and then when it counted we put our nuts in Dabo's pocketbook.

Go back and look at Kern's profile in the media guide. Guy's spot play through the years has been good....in real competition. After going back and looking at it out of curiosity, it really surprised me he hasn't seen the field yet this season.

Same here. Since I'm a masochist for reliving painful Wake moments: am I recalling correctly that we were at midfield, 4th and 5 with around 50 seconds left? Right there for the taking.

Plus I seem to recall. We could have used our time outs to possibly force them to punt. You never know what's gonna happen. Seemed like a good risk reward consideration with as much time that was on the clock

Plus I seem to recall. We could have used our time outs to possibly force them to punt. You never know what's gonna happen. Seemed like a good risk reward consideration with as much time that was on the clock
This was the bigger mistake, IMHO. After a great game, Sam had started to look a bit shaky, and Clemson had also just drilled a 52 yard FG. Thought punting was the right call from midfield, but hated that we did not call timeouts and try to get the ball back.

Spread on DK now 20.5. I would think keeping it within 3 TDs would be a significant win. I wouldn’t be surprised if the offense looks better and is built around quick throws/reads. If it doesn’t Mitch likely won’t make it out of the first half.

Guys, I'll bet anyone $10,000 STRAIGHT UP that Mitch does not throw 5 TD passes against Clemson. BM me for contact details.

Are you wagering 5 total TD passes or 5 TD passes to folks wearing the same jersey as Mitch? Cause the 5 total, regardless of uniform, is intriguing. :)

Back