• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

If we can get to hafltime within even 10, we still have a small chance. We're playing well 85% of the time, only gotten 3 points out of 2 possessions inside the 10, tied in TO's, and it's a 1 possession game.

3 minutes before the half, two timeouts and Mitch is at QB. I wonder what’s going to happen?!

ETA: I hope I’m wrong, but meltdown Mitch is probably going to throw a pick or get it stripped. He just doesn’t have what it takes right now.

Stop by D to keep turnover from hurting too much
However, field position flipped.

Clemson’s offense is nothing special but a lot of respect for our D so far today. They came to play…if only we had a QB

So is Ellison fresh legs for second half, or hurt? I'm guessing the latter.

Stop by D to keep turnover from hurting too much
However, field position flipped.
This is huge. We can’t have a false start turnover drive when we get a gift inside their 50. So bad

My guess is that Clemson scores with time running out and then scores on their possession after half and just like that it’s 21-3. I’ve seen this story before.

Dabo knows we want to run out the clock.

Helping that Clemson looks like doggie Doo
Clemson isn't a title contender or anything, but we're making them look like doggie doo. Defense and ST have been solid. We've shut down Shipley (although I expect them to look to him A LOT more in the second half). Our run game looks good enough. I'm okay with the game, it's just frustrating how close we are to being considerably better...aka up 14 - 7.

I would not let Griffis try anything deep in our own territory. Kid should not be out there. Clawson…what the hell?

Back