• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

Combined record of the teams Wake Forrest lost to 47-27
Combined record of the teams Miss. State lost to 61-13 (all ranked)

SEC Football, because who you lose Toni's what's important.

Good to hear that you guys don't use the title line. I wish this talk could be more civil, but it's hard to keep it that way when one side is predicting a lopsided victory. It's exactly how the Michigan talks went last year. Our fans haven't been overly confident like this besides the Auburn game. They played their best game, we played below average and came up a foot short, on the road, in the SEC, against the defending champs. We're better than them and should easily be 7-5. We would have beaten SC if we hadn't had the wrong guy on Jeffrey for one stupid play. I hate the "woulda/shoulda" guy as much as the next person, but you guys thought you were playing in Shreveport. Now you are in Nashville facing an SEC team that held it's own with the best in the country and could have easily been 8-4, while y'all were getting your stuff punched in by Vandy. There's just no excuse for that. It's Vanderbilt. You should at least understand where we are coming from. I admit we are too confident. Definitely shouldn't be so confident about a middle of the pack school from any conference. I have tons of faith in the way Dan Mullen prepares for bowl games though. He killed Michigan last year. They seem to be doing well this season. He stomped Bama's ass when he was at Utah. That offensive show was all Dan. And let's not forget those national championships.

Good to hear that you guys don't use the title line. I wish this talk could be more civil, but it's hard to keep it that way when one side is predicting a lopsided victory. It's exactly how the Michigan talks went last year. Our fans haven't been overly confident like this besides the Auburn game. They played their best game, we played below average and came up a foot short, on the road, in the SEC, against the defending champs. We're better than them and should easily be 7-5. We would have beaten SC if we hadn't had the wrong guy on Jeffrey for one stupid play. I hate the "woulda/shoulda" guy as much as the next person, but you guys thought you were playing in Shreveport. Now you are in Nashville facing an SEC team that held it's own with the best in the country and could have easily been 8-4, while y'all were getting your stuff punched in by Vandy. There's just no excuse for that. It's Vanderbilt. You should at least understand where we are coming from. I admit we are too confident. Definitely shouldn't be so confident about a middle of the pack school from any conference. I have tons of faith in the way Dan Mullen prepares for bowl games though. He killed Michigan last year. They seem to be doing well this season. He stomped Bama's ass when he was at Utah. That offensive show was all Dan. And let's not forget those national championships.

Every team has woulda coulda shoulda. We almost beat Clemson on the road and but for some missed field goals and a last second clutch fg by their kicker we might have been playing in the ACC-CG. But for a couple of plays we also would have beaten ND. But for FGs again we beat Syracuse. All of a sudden I just made Wake 9-3.

This thread is so full of win, it's not even funny.

Didn't realize Mr. Mullen was at Utah during that time.

Last edited:
and playing for the ACC Championship! Quick, do the Panthers next!

Hmm, cam completes a pass vs the Packers and we have OT. Our special teams doesnt crap the bed vs arizona and we win easily, if we dont kick to hester we easily beat the bears or if they dont call back our TD for offensive pass interference when the defender fell over his own feat. If rivera doesnt call a timeout for the saints before halftime we win that. playoffs baby

Hmm, cam completes a pass vs the Packers and we have OT. Our special teams doesnt crap the bed vs arizona and we win easily, if we dont kick to hester we easily beat the bears or if they dont call back our TD for offensive pass interference when the defender fell over his own feat. If rivera doesnt call a timeout for the saints before halftime we win that. playoffs baby

I love this revisionist game! I mean besides shitty Miss. St. playing for the BCS. What a sham. This fake history definitely makes the case for a playoff.

Dan was in Miami coaching the offense for the gators when Utah beat bama. He was at Utah for the fiesta bowl.

Over like the last 10 years, MSU is 3-1 against Vanderbilt. We're 3-2. This is the same Vandy team that also just beat Ole Miss and UK in conference play (more impressively actually) and had close losses (5 points or less) to Florida, Arkansas, and Georgia. We can play these games all day long.

Please don't do the message title thing. It's obnoxious.

Now we're talking. The State Hailers are angry! It's understandable too. You get bent over all year long by the SEC and then expect to crush teams in other BCS conferences because your ass bleeding just makes you stronger.

Serious question - why does anyone go to Mississippi State? Can they not gain admission to Ole Miss? Do you have a strong engineering program a la NC State?

Well, I meant that to say I didn't see it as a blow out win for us. I see it as a close game. We are both 6-6 after all. I'm not enough of an intellectual to converse with you geniuses I guess.

As for why I went to MSU: I wanted to. I got my BS from MSU. I got my DMD from UM.

Over like the last 10 years, MSU is 3-1 against Vanderbilt. We're 3-2. This is the same Vandy team that also just beat Ole Miss and UK in conference play and had close losses (5 points or less) to Florida, Arkansas, and Georgia. We can play these games all day long.

We could play that game, but it's still impossible to excuse a 35 point loss to Vandy.
The case could be made that Vandy is better than Miss. St. this year.

Well, I meant that to say I didn't see it as a blow out win for us. I see it as a close game. We are both 6-6 after all. I'm not enough of an intellectual to converse with you geniuses I guess.

As for why I went to MSU: I wanted to. I got my BS from MSU. I got my DMD from UM.

Don't move to Alaska!

Arkansas 44-17 Mississippi State
Arkansas 31-28 Vanderbilt

Georgia 24-10 Mississippi State
Georgia 33-28 Vanderbilt

I just made it. You lose.
Alabama 34 Vandy 0
Alabama 24 MSU 7

S. Carolina 21 Vandy 3
S. Carolina 14 MSU 12

MSU 31 OM 3
Vandy 30 OM 7

Vandy 41 Wake 7
MSU 38 Wake 7

This is a stupid arguing point as it can go both ways. Maybe you could make the case we are even but to say that Vandy is better than MSU is laughable

MSU was only five losses away from playing for the BCS Championship. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I love that these MSU fans think their team is like Alabama-lite or something. MSU should be just be happy that they are in a bowl with their 2 big SEC wins. They are used to sharing the SEC doormat with Vandy and UK.

Back