• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

Lets look at this another way. What games did MSU lose that they "should have" won? You would say Auburn (#25) and South Carolina (#9). In another thread on this board South Carolina was agreed would win the ACC.

You "should have" beaten Syracuse (NR) and Vanderbilt (NR).

The last team, which aGAIN I can't stress enough beat you 41-7 in your house.

You will regret having stressed Vanderbilt at all after Wake wins because that will mean, using your logic, that MSU is far worse than Vanderbilt.

Wow looking at last year yall were bad, I mean really bad. While we were rolling at 9-4 destroying Michigan in a bowl game, you were licking your wounds after an awful 3-9 season. With that returning talent, and the added benefit of playing a weak schedule you scratch out 6 wins, luckily catching FSU with their QB on the mend. My point being you can't be all that great with talent stemming from that terrible 2010 season.

We however return much of our talent from a 9 win season, don't catch a few breaks, beat all the teams we were supposed to, and log a respectable 6 win season. Not there yet, but baby steps away.

The overall scope of this post is that we are far superior in talent to you, because if you had adequate talent you wouldn't have gotten skullfu@#$d all last season or blown away by Vanderbilt at home. This is why I am confident in saying that we will wipe the floor with Wake, you were lucky to reach 6 wins with your talent. We began the season with 6 wins guaranteed.

Anyone talking about how solid Wake's bowl record is?

How does MSU usually fare in bowls?

If Price is on his game and I suspect he will be, I truly believe the Deacs win by double digits.

Anyone talking about how solid Wake's bowl record is?

How does MSU usually fare in bowls?

If Price is on his game and I suspect he will be, I truly believe the Deacs win by double digits.
Not sure that matters because the past 2 seasons, emphasis on last season, yall haven't provided us material for the study.

Look at 52-14 over Michigan last season, it is the only bowl indicator of the current players and coaches in this matchup.

Wow looking at last year yall were bad, I mean really bad. While we were rolling at 9-4 destroying Michigan in a bowl game, you were licking your wounds after an awful 3-9 season. With that returning talent, and the added benefit of playing a weak schedule you scratch out 6 wins, luckily catching FSU with their QB on the mend. My point being you can't be all that great with talent stemming from that terrible 2010 season.

We however return much of our talent from a 9 win season, don't catch a few breaks, beat all the teams we were supposed to, and log a respectable 6 win season. Not there yet, but baby steps away.

The overall scope of this post is that we are far superior in talent to you, because if you had adequate talent you wouldn't have gotten skullfu@#$d all last season or blown away by Vanderbilt at home. This is why I am confident in saying that we will wipe the floor with Wake, you were lucky to reach 6 wins with your talent. We began the season with 6 wins guaranteed.

We had way too many true freshmen playing last season, including starting a true freshman at QB. We took our lumps. I was very pessimistic coming into the season, but those players have improved.

Miss St did beat Havana Athletic Club in the Bacardi Bowl

I want to play in that one

Forgive us for thinking we have a chance against a 6-6 MSU team who beat nobody.

Posrep. This is the bottomline...regardless of if Mississippi State fans think they should stomp us, there is nothing we've seen on the field to back up the fact that they should when they haven't beaten anyone of note.

Vandy also had Arkansas on the ropes in the 4th quarter (up by 10) before failing to seal the deal...Mississippi State lost to Arkansas by 4 touchdowns.

Not sure that matters because the past 2 seasons, emphasis on last season, yall haven't provided us material for the study.

Look at 52-14 over Michigan last season, it is the only bowl indicator of the current players and coaches in this matchup.

Deacs should just pack it in. MSU is an obviously an unstoppable force. They probably would be playing the BCSNCG if they played in the ACC. Wake is honored to take the field against such a vaunted foe.

Just because we struggled with a ridiculously young squad last year doesn't mean we are not talented. It's not like Wake's schedule was a cakewalk this year either, as well, and I dispute the lucky to win 6 games remark ... we lose our starting QB up 15 versus Syracuse and lose, which more than cancels out any luck we received versus the 'Noles. And Vandy had about 100 times more reason to win versus us than we did, so I wouldn't read much into that result.

Other than that, you have me convinced

Not there yet, but baby steps away.

Away from what? You do realize that three of the best 10-12 teams in the nation play in your division. I'm confident in saying Mississippi State will at no point in the next decade compete for even the division title, much less make a run at winning the conference.

Mississippi State's finish in the West division over the past decade:

2011: 5th
2010: 5th
2009: 6th
2008: 6th
2007: 4th
2006: 6th
2005: 5th
2004: 6th
2003: 6th
2002: 6th

So you guys have finished in the top half of the division a whopping 0 times in the past decade. Furthermore you are going to lose your head coach to a bigger school. Regardless of whether or not you all are superior in talent or better than Wake and win the bowl game, to say you are "baby steps away" from anything besides maybe cracking the top half of the division once is just beyond dumb.

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

You have five 3 or less win seasons since 2002 (as far back as ESPN goes). We have one (last year).

Away from what? You do realize that three of the best 10-12 teams in the nation play in your division. I'm confident in saying Mississippi State will at no point in the next decade compete for even the division title, much less make a run at winning the conference.

So you guys have finished in the top half of the division a whopping 0 times in the past decade. Furthermore you are going to lose your head coach to a bigger school. Regardless of whether or not you all are superior in talent or better than Wake and win the bowl game, to say you are "baby steps away" from anything besides maybe cracking the top half of the division once is just beyond dumb.

DAMN.gif

You have five 3 or less win seasons since 2002 (as far back as ESPN goes). We have one (last year).
Yes, and the players from our 3 win teams are not playing anymore. You had yours last season, therefore in this matchup you have the 3 win players on the field where we have the 9 win players.

Good lord I figured coming from "Harvard of the Dirt Track" you could pick up on this

And their campus is located in fucking Starksville, MS.

Hey Vince what are the Bullpuppies chances of ever being relevant in the SEC West, let alone the rest of the conference.

Yes, and the players from our 3 win teams are not playing anymore. You had yours last season, therefore in this matchup you have the 3 win players on the field where we have the 9 win players.

That's awesome man, Wake beat Ole Miss twice in the past 6 years. This means we have coaches on the staff which have beaten a team from Mississippi before. Oh, I thought we were talking about shit that didn't matter.

100% of Wake's and Mississippi State's have players that won exactly 6 games in the 2011 season.

Yeah we have been pretty bad throughout this past decade, there is a certain NFL RB Coach to blame for that.

Not sure how this correlates to our game. You were really bad LAST season. Therefore your talent level was good enough to go 3-9 our talent level was good enough to go 9-4.

That's awesome man, Wake beat Ole Miss twice in the past 6 years. This means we have coaches on the staff which have beaten a team from Mississippi before. Oh, I thought we were talking about shit that didn't matter.

100% of Wake's and Mississippi State's have players that won exactly 6 games in the 2011 season.

MSU has won 7.5. Losses to the top of the SEC count as half a win.

Back