• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

That's awesome man, Wake beat Ole Miss twice in the past 6 years. This means we have coaches on the staff which have beaten a team from Mississippi before. Oh, I thought we were talking about shit that didn't matter.

100% of Wake's and Mississippi State's have players that won exactly 6 games in the 2011 season.
This season 100% of Wake's players lost their last game at home to Vandy 41-7.

People keep saying "there wasn't anything to play for". That says a lot about your senior leadership for them to just pack it in on their Senior Day.

Our seniors went out and played with passion on their day to earn one more game, expect them to give you the same treatment as I expect the same showing from you as the Vandy game

Yeah we have been pretty bad throughout this past decade, there is a certain NFL RB Coach to blame for that.

Not sure how this correlates to our game. You were really bad LAST season. Therefore your talent level was good enough to go 3-9 our talent level was good enough to go 9-4.

So your talent level decreased this year and ours increased. Looks like we are trending the right direction :thumbsup:

Hell, Wake Forest, the team with one of the worst football records in college football history has two ACC titles. Mississippi State has one SEC title, it was in 1941. You did make it to the SEC championship game once though, that's cool. We made it to the ACC championship game once, we won it. Wake has played in a BCS bowl, Mississippi State....hasn't.

None of this really matters. I just think it's funny that the argument is "THE SEC IS AWESOME" to justify your program's superiority. The SEC is clearly better than the ACC this year and has been for a while, but I'd rather be a mediocre ACC team and make an Orange Bowl once in a blue moon while competing for a division and conference title fairly consistently since 2006 over being a bottom feeder in your own division, much less the rest of the conference

People keep saying "there wasn't anything to play for". That says a lot about your senior leadership for them to just pack it in on their Senior Day.

Our seniors went out and played with passion on their day to earn one more game, expect them to give you the same treatment as I expect the same showing from you as the Vandy game

It actually wasn't Senior Day. We beat Maryland on Senior Day 31-10 to gain bowl eligibility. Your senior day was against your archrival in the Egg Bowl. I don't really think it's even remotely intelligent to compare the two cases, do you?

ETA: Apparently you did think it was, since you did.

Last edited:

Go count how many games we had to win to go bowling. Stop when you get to 6. Ask your neighbors to help. Then do the same for MSU and Vandy. I'll wait a couple weeks for all that difficult math.

Coach, you need to recruit more soliders for your crusade. One or two vs. the masses isn't fun.

I find it odd that someone who roots for a team which is universally considered the most disappointing in the SEC this year is touting their "successful" and "respectable" 6-6 season.

This season has been a colossal disappointment for Mississippi State, who, after last season, had a rare opportunity to expand upon their once per decade flirtation with relevancy in the SEC, but instead pissed it away.

Honestly, are you sad that you're forced to come to a Wake Forest message board in an attempt to convince yourself that you're better than a mediocre 6-6 Wake team?

Wake Forest PPG against - 27.8 (70th)
Miss. State PPG against - 19.9 (19th)

Yeah, not sure where you got those. The close games for us that could have gone either way were Syracuse, Notre Dame and Clemson.

And congrats on playing LSU, Alabama and South Carolina tough - you had them all at home. Auburn is the only "decent" team you played n the road that you had a shot at.

You really are going to keep harping on the Vandy game without looking at the rest of the record aren't you? Let's just hope your players and coaches are too.

USC has been way overrated all year too. They benefit greatly by playing in the weak SEC East along with a weak OOC schedule. Only good wins are Georgia and Clemson.

USC has been way overrated all year too. They benefit greatly by playing in the weak SEC East along with a weak OOC schedule. Only good wins are Georgia and Clemson.
B-b-b-b-b-but South Carolina would win the ACC.

Wow looking at last year yall were bad, I mean really bad. While we were rolling at 9-4 destroying Michigan in a bowl game, you were licking your wounds after an awful 3-9 season. With that returning talent, and the added benefit of playing a weak schedule you scratch out 6 wins, luckily catching FSU with their QB on the mend. My point being you can't be all that great with talent stemming from that terrible 2010 season.

We however return much of our talent from a 9 win season, don't catch a few breaks, beat all the teams we were supposed to, and log a respectable 6 win season. Not there yet, but baby steps away.

The overall scope of this post is that we are far superior in talent to you, because if you had adequate talent you wouldn't have gotten skullfu@#$d all last season or blown away by Vanderbilt at home. This is why I am confident in saying that we will wipe the floor with Wake, you were lucky to reach 6 wins with your talent. We began the season with 6 wins guaranteed.

You're like a mississippi farmer hillbilly version of RJ. You should go argue politics with him.

B-b-b-b-b-but South Carolina would win the ACC.

Hard to say. The ACC Atlantic versus the teams on USC's SEC schedule was 2-3 this year.

Last edited:
The line is already moving down, pretty much everywhere has it at Wake +6.5 now. O/U is still 48.

We have played teams with Quarterbacks.
Aaron Murray, Tyler Wilson > Tajj Boyd and half a game from EJ Manuel
Outside of those, we've played teams with running backs, something you will find out about in a few weeks

Your post is the most absurd of the day

Back