• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

Aaron Murray, Tyler Wilson > Tajj Boyd and half a game from EJ Manuel
Outside of those, we've played teams with running backs, something you will find out about in a few weeks

Your post is the most absurd of the day

Can you give me a rational, well-reasoned explanation as to why your team with 9 win talent last year only managed 6 this year and how that doesn't demonstrate regression?

Can you give me a rational, well-reasoned explanation as to why your team with 9 win talent last year only managed 6 this year and how that doesn't demonstrate regression?
We will have 7 wins this year, and the fact is that we didn't finish the Auburn and South Carolina games like we did against Georgia and Florida last season. We are about the same as we were last season, with the ball bouncing the wrong way a few times this year where they were in our favor last season.

O/U is about right, I'd put it at 45 (38+7)

I'm guessing you're the one on the right

img001855.jpg

Last edited:

I got this one.

Offensive line and injuries. We lost a pair of senior O Linemen from last year, including one who was a first round draft pick. We would have likely been fine, but during the Auburn game they crippled two of our starters and, as we found out like seven weeks later, our QB too. So we were down to several freshmen on the offensive line and had a QB (who is still an average passer at best) playing with broken ribs.

Last season we played relatively injury free and the ball bounced in our favor a few times. This year, we got our toughest opponents at home, so homefield did not matter much, while we got some of the easier ones on the road (if you can call many games in the SEC West easy) where is was enough to tip the scales in their favor (see Auburn).

I personally believe this years team is the same as last years, minus some good luck.

In regards to Coach34, I have seen thousands of his posts on sixpackspeak and tigerdroppings (as Coonassbulldog). I can assure you that he is 90% for real and only 10% trolling. However, the guy does know college football and is usually at the very least in the ballpark on his posts. He is, obviously, an unapologetic dick, which is perfect because unless its a really long running joke, his profession is condom salesman. He will make this board fun for you in the coming weeks.

I got this one.

Offensive line and injuries. We lost a pair of senior O Linemen from last year, including one who was a first round draft pick. We would have likely been fine, but during the Auburn game they crippled two of our starters and, as we found out like seven weeks later, our QB too. So we were down to several freshmen on the offensive line and had a QB (who is still an average passer at best) playing with broken ribs.

Last season we played relatively injury free and the ball bounced in our favor a few times. This year, we got our toughest opponents at home, so homefield did not matter much, while we got some of the easier ones on the road (if you can call many games in the SEC West easy) where is was enough to tip the scales in their favor (see Auburn).

I personally believe this years team is the same as last years, minus some good luck.

In regards to Coach34, I have seen thousands of his posts on sixpackspeak and tigerdroppings (as Coonassbulldog). I can assure you that he is 90% for real and only 10% trolling. However, the guy does know college football and is usually at the very least in the ballpark on his posts. He is, obviously, an unapologetic dick, which is perfect because unless its a really long running joke, his profession is condom salesman. He will make this board fun for you in the coming weeks.

Well that was a refreshing post.

THIS IS FUN.

I, for one, wholeheartedly believe that OGBoards NEEDS MORE DAWGS.

Coach 34....quit your dang whining and just enjoy the fact that your team will lose the bowl game...

I came over to say that very few MSU fans think State will roll over Wake. Coach 34 has not been elected as spokesman for MSU so kindly show your vaunted intelligence and attack him, not Starkville, the State of Mississippi, our fans, our cows, or whatever else you dream up because he decided to be juvenile.

I'm looking forward to a competitive game, lots of beer and good looking women, and then a raucous victory celebration (no offense intended).

I came over to say that very few MSU fans think State will roll over Wake. Coach 34 has not been elected as spokesman for MSU so kindly show your vaunted intelligence and attack him, not Starkville, the State of Mississippi, our fans, our cows, or whatever else you dream up because he decided to be juvenile.

I'm looking forward to a competitive game, lots of beer and good looking women, and then a raucous victory celebration (no offense intended).
:werd:

Sorry, Coach 34 is bringing out the troll in everyone. I don't expect Miss. St. fans to know anything about our team, but I'll be helpful and point out that Wake had double digit leads in all our our wins, and also in the 4 losses to Notre Dame, Clemson, Va. Tech, and Syracuse. We haven't had any trouble putting up points on 4 and 5 star recruits this year. Our main problem is that our defense gives up a lot of points in the 4th quarter. You may well beat us, but don't expect to beat us with your D.

This game can't get here soon enough, if for no other reason than to get these illiterates off our board.

MSU fans: You were entertaining for about five minutes. BTW, your school sucks.

Yeah we have been pretty bad throughout this past decade, there is a certain NFL RB Coach to blame for that.

Not sure how this correlates to our game. You were really bad LAST season. Therefore your talent level was good enough to go 3-9 our talent level was good enough to go 9-4.

NFL RB coach my ass. You can thank Jackie Sherrill for all the sucky years in the past decade. He ran our program into the ground his last few years in Starkville. He and Larry Templeton had the "good ole boy" thing going on so Templeton just let it happen as long as he could (kinda like what happened at "The School Up North" the last couple years). Our budget was VERY low, fans were losing hope, and we had no discipline on our team. When Croom got here he couldn`t recruit anyone because of our outdated facilities, our poor athletic budget, and there was absolutely no excitement around our program. Croom came in and cleaned up. Mullen is taking us to the next step. Sherrill put us in a hole that took 7 years to get out of, not Croom.

As far as this game goes, I hope its a good one. I expect Wake Forest to come out swinging and I hope State does too. WF wants this and State needs this so it should be interesting to see which team plays better. I think WF offense vs State defense is going to be exciting! State offense vs WF defense will look like a sloppy JV game unless State can pound the ball up the middle like we did about "The School Up North." I wish I was going to be in Nashville to cheer on the Bulldogs and hang out with some WF fans, but I will be in Disney World. If I can sneak away from the in-laws and the soon to be wife I plan on watching the South Carolina vs Michigan State game while I`m down there.

There is no sense in the name calling and just straight shit talking on this board. May the best to win! HAIL STATE!

Amen

Yeah, after 12 games, you are what your record says you are. We're both 6-6 and we both had opportunities to avoid a losing season which we squandered. It's best to show up on the 30th ready to play for the right to end the season on the happy side of mediocre.

I am one of the others that has been predicting a big victory for State. I just look at Wake Forest's defense. These are the type of teams that we just man-handle. We will probably have the ball for 2/3's of the game. It really messes up an offense when you do that. Especially when they are facing one of the best defenses they have seen all year. Just my opinion. I know we can lose this game, but I see it being very similar to the Michigan game last year. Good offense, no defense. We will control the entire game. Wake will have to really take advantage of their opportunities on offense. If they capitalize, it will be a good, close game. They won't have a lot of opportunity though.

Good post. Honestly to me hopefully the game will be competitive but we come out on top; but that is secondary to hopefully getting to meet some cool Wake and Miss St. fans and having a great time in Nashville over New Years.

The SEC has lost the past two Music City Bowls to ACC teams. The ACC holds an overall 4-3 edge head-to-head in the Music City bowl.

Michigan was ranked #110 in total D last year. Wake is 75th. Not saying we're world beaters, but saying our D is on par with what theirs was last year just ain't true

But Michigan plays in the Big Ten against those awesome offenses up there so of course their numbers are skewed higher, no wait . . .

Back