• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake appoints Alumnus as New Provost

Probably one of the top 3 most influential people at the school. He/She is the highest ranking academic official on campus, giving that person the most say in the academic vision of the university.

"Kersh will assume his new duties as Wake Forest’s chief academic officer with responsibility for supervising and administering the academic programs and plans of the university’s Reynolda Campus this summer.

Kersh will report directly to Wake Forest President Nathan O. Hatch. He will supervise the deans of the undergraduate College, the Schools of Business, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Law and the Divinity School."

I was at Wake at the same time as Kersh, and he was extremely studious and intellegent but he was cool about it. He was more like a young hippie professor rather than an egghead.

I was at Wake at the same time as Kersh, and he was extremely studious and intellegent but he was cool about it. He was more like a young hippie professor rather than an egghead.

Rogan and I were at Governor's School together the summer before our senior years in HS, and then graduated in the same class (with Peach). He's a good guy, and he loves Wake. I hope he can do a great job and I expect he can. I really am hoping he can be a provost in the mold of Ed Wilson.

Rogan and I were at Governor's School together the summer before our senior years in HS, and then graduated in the same class (with Peach). He's a good guy, and he loves Wake. I hope he can do a great job and I expect he can. I really am hoping he can be a provost in the mold of Ed Wilson.

Can you get him to start posting on the boards?

Provost = Chief Academic Officer

They had a section in the last (or next to last) issue of the alumni magazine that had blurbs on alums in academia--he was one of them.

Can you get him to start posting on the boards?

He spoke VERY well during his introduction reception. Mentioned Ed Wilson and Jim Barefield (sp?). Quite the foil to Hatch (in a good way).

Back