• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at BC GAME THREAD - Epic fail #BuzzOut

Yeah, I'm with PhDeac. The ref did only count to 4 by hand signals, but it looked to be at least 5 seconds in real time. I'm not gonna place the blame on any one person because that would be unfair. I'm just sick of this nightmare. Please just go away, Buzz.

Whats the point of extending your hand to count if you're just counting in your head. when he held up his five fingers to signal five secs, cj had already signaled time. maybe the poster is correct who said you cant call time at four secs, but i dont think so.

and bz has to know the rules on the clock malfunction. how long has he been in coaching? then again so should our assistants frankly.

i fear wellman will look at a game like this and put it in the win column in his head, because we came so close. so bz gets credit for improvement while we still get the L. miserable.

On the bright side, Bz is going to finish his third year with only one conference road win to show for it. That is the death knell. There is no way bringing him back can be reasonably justified with that level of ineptitude/failure.

For the record, when we were ahead 7 with two minutes to go, I was still totally convinced we would lose. That said, the five second call was bullshit, and the foul they called on CMM with 8 seconds to go was fucking bullshit. That zit-faced kid was totally out of control and fell down without any contact.

There's never any fire from Bz. When we lose, it's always, "Yeah, we lost, but I liked how our team fought and I'm seeing improvements." But yeah, you fucking lost, buddy! Who gives a shit about that other stuff? What a loser mentality.

The title of Bz's next book: "The End Is Not The Victory."

6.0 seconds on my stopwatch. The ref had a slow count and he held up 5 fingers as his 5th count.

True that. Easily over 5 seconds. You can just about count on it being about 6 seconds if the official actually calls a 5 second call on an inbounds or closely guarded situation.

The back court 10 second call is usually backed up by the shot clock showing 25 seconds and there is no choice, but the 5 second counts are all in the head and when you start them and how fast or slow your own count is. Nobody wants it to be called too fast so it is always called on the slow side.

C J is a senior. He has to have that 5 second clock in his head and get rid of the ball or call the TO. That is why you have him there inbounding it. That is NOT the coaches fault. That is your senior's fault. You have the TO in your back pocket and have to know to use it!

Chase was option number 2 on the inbounds play----fault-----coach

Exactly. Yes, video shows him waving four times. But it was definitely at least five seconds once CJ got the ball. Having said that, it's kind of like palming, it's has to be blatant to have it called.

I believe the rule does not require the ref to count out loud or motion with his hand to the count (i.e the ref can start moving his hand at 2 seconds). I think he's only required to count in his head. Maybe Ref could weigh in on the actual rule here.

Whats the point of extending your hand to count if you're just counting in your head. when he held up his five fingers to signal five secs, cj had already signaled time. maybe the poster is correct who said you cant call time at four secs, but i dont think so.

and bz has to know the rules on the clock malfunction. how long has he been in coaching? then again so should our assistants frankly.

i fear wellman will look at a game like this and put it in the win column in his head, because we came so close. so bz gets credit for improvement while we still get the L. miserable.

This is the exact kind of improvement that Mr. Wellman is looking for this season. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract extension is announced tomorrow.

Chase was option number 2 on the inbounds play----fault-----coach

Chase needed to work a lot harder to get open. That said, what kind of an inbounds play was that? Do we even have a decent one?

Buzz is gone. I can't say how I know this but he is gone.

Bookmark this post.

There is no requirement to move your arm at all - it is just proper technique. That technique gives you backup for a call that is rarely made so you don't get phantom calls without being able to demonstrate the reason. Of course if you are bushleague and can't follow the protocol every highschool ref would follow you make phantom B.S. calls. The actual time makes no dfference. Refs are NEVER taught to count only in your head and alsmost every five second call is more than five seconds. The sorry "ref" person on here knows that.

Fucking Dino. It's his fault for leaving Bz two horrible players who happen to be responsible for almost half of the points in ACC play and scored over half the points tonight.

This is the worst argument. Travis McKie and CJ Harris have already won more in life than a pathetic loser like Jeff [Redacted] has and ever will. Never ever suggest that either of them are solely responsible for any failure Jeff [Redacted] is anywhere near. If there is anything Travis and CJ have done wrong, it is being so loyal to Mother So Dear that they stayed to tolerate his losing ways.

Perfectly stated. Bzz is a loser. He's always been one, and always will be.

Cav keeps costing us possessions, and has low confidence and awful body language. But he still gets playing time. My theory is that Bz sees a lot of himself in him, and rewards him accordingly.

I feel badly for Cav, not so much for Bz.

david-tyree-helmet-catch.jpg

it happened again :(

Bottomline- would Stevens, Smart or even Groce lost this game with a 7 point lead and two minutes to play?

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that the 5 second call is much like blowing the whistle in hockey. It doesn't matter when the official's actual action takes place (the whistle or the motion for #5), just when the official intends for it to happen. Basically, the stoppage occurs and then there is a slight delay for the actual motions the official has to make to stop play. That said, it was a horrible inbounds play anyway. It didn't look like there was a player within 25 feet to receive the pass.

Back