• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

our offense wasn’t great and i think legit got screwed on some calls, but still put up more points against the clemson d than anyone else this season despite being at death valley. (pitt and nc state scored 27, but pitt had a defensive TD and nc state only had 14 in regulation)

It was there for the taking this week…hopefully we will put forth some effort next week. Today was an embarrassment

I think it’s blatantly obvious we need to get healthy fast. We are not deep enough talent wise to be missing 3-4 of our most valuable skill players. Proven today. We aren’t shutting out BC next week, so time for the Strength and Conditioning staff, medical staff, and offensive staff to earn their keep. We need to be healthy, durable, offensively creative, and ready for a 42-35 type shootout in Chestnut Hill to win the division. Huge week ahead. Go Deacs!

I’m choosing to believe that we willingly sat some people who could’ve played this week so they’d be 100% next week.

Nice to see Wake's offense bounce back after a bumpy start.

Time to put this one behind and prepare for next Week.

our offense wasn’t great and i think legit got screwed on some calls, but still put up more points against the clemson d than anyone else this season despite being at death valley. (pitt and nc state scored 27, but pitt had a defensive TD and nc state only had 14 in regulation)

Saying our offense wasn’t great is very generous. We squandered three gift wrapped TOs by the Wake D and our QB got sacked four times in the first quarter and we punted four straight times to start the game.

The parallels bw the losses at UNC and today are very frustrating. Just so many uncharacteristic mental mistakes and then a complete inability to stop the run when everyone knows it’s coming

Saying our offense wasn’t great is very generous. We squandered three gift wrapped TOs by the Wake D and our QB got sacked four times in the first quarter and we punted four straight times to start the game.

I’m hardly Pollyanna on this game, but if we can figure out our RB situation by either getting CBS back as a first choice or playing my new favorite Deac, Quinton, over Turner, I still have a lot of faith in our offense against BC. The D- “only the lord knows.”

not sure what you mean by gift wrapped TOs, but our offense had awful field position all day. we only started on drive ahead of our own 25, and that was at the 34, not at all like the nc state game. imo, our offense played better today than last week despite the two fumbles.

Look our Linebackers are bad and our DBs are good but small.

On the other side Clemson rushes 7 guys and then mugs the wide receivers. The refs don’t make the obvious calls and play to the crowd. It’s a completely unfair setup. Obvious lacking any subtlety. Like fucking Duke at Cameron same shit

I’m hardly Pollyanna on this game, but if we can figure out our RB situation by either getting CBS back as a first choice or playing my new favorite Deac, Quinton, over Turner, I still have a lot of faith in our offense against BC. The D- “only the lord knows.”

Ellison back would also be nice.

Look our Linebackers are bad and our DBs are good but small.

On the other side Clemson rushes 7 guys and then mugs the wide receivers. The refs don’t make the obvious calls and play to the crowd. It’s a completely unfair setup. Obvious lacking any subtlety. Like fucking Duke at Cameron same shit

Our DBs are good? Taylor shouldn’t start in intramural flag football.

Back