• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Agreed. FSU has pretty much been a dumpster fire program since Jimbo left, and Mack Brown 2.0 has been great at hauling in top recruits but so far UNC has little to show for it on the field. And Clemson has clearly improved as the season has gone on - we would have had a much better shot at beating Clemson a month or two ago, imo.

I agree we hit Clemson at the wrong time, Senior Day, their offense improving, we're beat up, Clemson's last thing to really play for is another ACC title. I prefer to think of those as facts and not excuses. :cool:

Replay the game with the obvious PI call now being made in Wake's 1st possession.... let's see what happens. :thumbsup:

Literally, I should have raked leaves after that B.S. no call. :mad:

I agree we hit Clemson at the wrong time, Senior Day, their offense improving, we're beat up, Clemson's last thing to really play for is another ACC title. I prefer to think of those as facts and not excuses. :cool:

Playing for that dope Skalski, Dabo’s son and on Dabo’s bday. The stars were against us.

Agree that Hemphill probably stays in a lesser role. Sawvel may have been , and may be a good defensive coordinator ( Wyoming was 16th in yards given up before last night — we were 108Th), but clearly Clawson and he were not on the same page — I recollect Clawson saying something to the effect that the final straw was when Sawvel couldn’t clearly communicate what needed to be fixed. It’s not all about how many yards or TD’s was given up.

It would be really sweet to look at Clemson who beat us, and NC State who beat Clemson, and tell them both that we are ACC champs. Let’s make it happen.

Saying Hemphill won’t be let go because he is close with the staff and has ties, blah, blah, blah…it’s kind of similar to keeping Childress for as long as we did with MBB. Hemphill just isn’t suited for the role and we should find someone who is. A co-DC job for Hemphill to make sure we don’t hurt feelings? What outside DC worth their salt is going to sign up for that gig? We need to throw a ton of money at an established DC who can bring in some staff and turn our D around because our secondary and LB units need an overhaul as well. The sales pitch is pretty clear. “We have a really good offense, help us create a really good defense…”

I’ve watched Hemphill and the D for a few years now and it’s mostly scheme and some unfortunate injuries that have been our demise. There’s a reason teams put up a ton of points/yards on us. And the excuse that our O puts too much pressure on our D is overused.

Where’s Cam to tell us he watched the tape and all of our LBs and CBs graded out really well?

Anybody know what Dabo told Clawson during the post-game handshake? Looked like Dabo held him up for an extra few seconds. Just wondering if it was the usual "Shucks, Dave, ya'll got a pretty good team" BS or if there was anything of interest said.

Anybody know what Dabo told Clawson during the post-game handshake? Looked like Dabo held him up for an extra few seconds. Just wondering if it was the usual "Shucks, Dave, ya'll got a pretty good team" BS or if there was anything of interest said.
Dabo said in last week's presser that he and Clawson had become good friends and Clawson mentioned as well in his presser. What was said? I have no idea.

They are good friends, IIRC.

here are some of 80deacon's greatest hits

Before Duke:

Before Army:

A couple of weeks ago:

You missed some. The Duke quote was after their Ws over Northwestern and Kansas. Not great but Power 5 programs whom Duke got good passing yards on. Also, Kansas upset Texas since their game with Duke.

The week of the game I posted we'd have no trouble with Duke. I wasn't worried.

Pretty much on target with my Clemson quotes. You missed my score prediction which was close to the exact outcome.

Last edited:
Talk on Packer & Durham that Andersen's interview last week and his talk of "going into the castle and taking the king's crown" gave clem's son the juice that we saw from the very first snap and sack. :(

Playing for that dope Skalski, Dabo’s son and on Dabo’s bday. The stars were against us.

Dabo said he had them jacked up with the whole they are not getting trophy and celebrating on our field.

The ACC had a rep there to give us a trophy, and if not, Dabo told his team that was the case and he'll naw that ain't happenin' on our field.

Essentially direct Dabo quote.

That and we have no linebackers who could stop the run.

Dabo said he had them jacked up with the whole they are not getting trophy and celebrating on our field.

The ACC had a rep there to give us a trophy, and if not, Dabo told his team that was the case and he'll naw that ain't happenin' on our field.

Hope Hafley doesn't try the same strategy.

Question, why should we or anybody else get a trophy for winning the division? Don't get me wrong it's an achievement, but seems like to to me the only trophy should go to whomever wins the conference.

Hope Hafley doesn't try the same strategy.

I hope he does. We need to have the mindset that we’re charging into BC and taking what’s ours and are letting them employ gimmicky mind games while we just blow them up. We were fearful going into Clemson and played like it.

Back