• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Man this is depressing. Sounds like we could be really thin at receiver going into Clemson, and possibly rest of the season. I have no faith in the football God's giving us a break,.

Scoop! Did he have any sort of brace/boot on? How was he moving? Dancing well to Sheck Wes and Wacka Flocka?

It's interesting they put those guys away from the rest of the team, I assume to avoid further injury. Or does anyone else who's out for the season sit there with Greene? If so, that could be concerning.

Since this seems to be the speculation thread, it could just be that he's friends with Donovan and wants to sit with him.

If a guy needs to stay off his feet and watch the game, it makes sense that he's not on the sidelines.

Is it irony when people sitting watching a game speculate about the reason someone else is sitting watching a game?

who wants to take a bet that DR thinks that the capitol riot was simply democracy in action and that those of us wringing our hands about the downfall of america are snowflakes? biden's tax increases won't matter to him but he's going to act like they do

If we're all speculating, I think CBS and Roberson are going to play. If anything, I think we rest Williams and have him fully heathy for @ BC. I also think one of Holmes and Carson will play as well.

If we're all speculating, I think CBS and Roberson are going to play. If anything, I think we rest Williams and have him fully heathy for @ BC. I also think one of Holmes and Carson will play as well.

I would not be surprised if this is an "all hands on deck" kind of game. If Wake wants to be taken seriously, a win in Death Valley is necessary. Clinch the division title by beating the winner from last year. Leave no doubt about it.

who wants to take a bet that DR thinks that the capitol riot was simply democracy in action and that those of us wringing our hands about the downfall of america are snowflakes? biden's tax increases won't matter to him but he's going to act like they do

I have no idea which side you are hypothesizing I am on here. But you are right that I could care less about a tax increase. I’m good to go, thanks for the concern.

Go Deacs!

I would not be surprised if this is an "all hands on deck" kind of game. If Wake wants to be taken seriously, a win in Death Valley is necessary. Clinch the division title by beating the winner from last year. Leave no doubt about it.

Totally agree and that's the only reason I think some of these guys are going to play. Felt like the W against State would come down to how our defense played. Feel the opposite against Clemson. We need to hang 50+ on those SOBs and leave no doubt.

And while we need to take care of business first before it's a possibility...I'd love nothing more than to beat Pitt in the ACCCG. I don't want us to have to replay UVA.

I'm still stuck on our injuries at Slot.

If Roberson was remotely capable of coming back in, he would've played the second half against State, being as that was essentially an elimination game. Keshawn Williams looked even more hobbled than Roberson.

I think both are out next week.

So we have Perry, move Morin to Slot and swap in banks and Stewart for the other outside spot. Morin and Stewart are great, but neither are as explosive as Roberson and Williams. If Clemson can focus on taking Perry out of the game then we are going to have a lot of trouble getting open next week.

The reason we have had an elite offense is we've had 2 elite receivers on the field at all times this year. We struggled mightily in the passing game when Roberson went down Saturday.

Agreed on all of this - will need one of Q or Key against Clemson to have a chance.

If Roberson and Williams are out, Dave has 5 days to scheme for Clemson. Perry, Stewart and Morin start with Banks in reserve. Chapman and Whiteheart combined for 5 receptions, 49 yards and a TD against State. They could take on a bigger role that allows the receivers more flexibility. Just a thought.

Clemson is a bad football team. We can beat them.

Totally agree and that's the only reason I think some of these guys are going to play. Felt like the W against State would come down to how our defense played. Feel the opposite against Clemson. We need to hang 50+ on those SOBs and leave no doubt.

And while we need to take care of business first before it's a possibility...I'd love nothing more than to beat Pitt in the ACCCG. I don't want us to have to replay UVA.

I think Pitt easily wins without UVA having a healthy Armstrong. Of teams in Coastal- Pitt is worst match up for us in my opinion. Big psychical D line and huge offensive line with NFL QB. Did you see their 6’7 TE? Dude could be a professional wrestler. I would rather take chance of having to beat a team twice. UVA is a known entity, Miami is athletic and undisciplined, UNC is a known entity, etc. Pitt is athletic and very disciplined - more of Big 10 team that tends to blow up our offense- see Michigan State and Wisconsin in last 2 bowl games.

I think Pitt easily wins without UVA having a healthy Armstrong. Of teams in Coastal- Pitt is worst match up for us in my opinion. Big psychical D line and huge offensive line with NFL QB. Did you see their 6’7 TE? Dude could be a professional wrestler. I would rather take chance of having to beat a team twice. UVA is a known entity, Miami is athletic and undisciplined, UNC is a known entity, etc. Pitt is athletic and very disciplined - more of Big 10 team that tends to blow up our offense- see Michigan State and Wisconsin in last 2 bowl games.

Pitt lost to Western Michigan. What good is a huge defensive line if you can't even stop MAC teams?

Damn what’s the deal with Key? I was super hammered during the second half. Agree that our offense did not look good trying to force it to Perry every play. If we really are missing both Q and Key at least we do have a week to game plan.

Pitt is a very, very good football team. A lot of this conference is so much better than people think because of the slow starts. Florida State and Miami, for example, are two very talented, and now solid football teams that just had rough starts with inexperienced teams and too much turmoil (King, Milton, coaching change buzz, etc.). It is unfortunate that Armstrong and Pickett are going to the draft this year, because the conference is going to be so exciting next year. Wake should still be very solid, Clemson can't realistically get worse given their talent, FSU is on the path to relevancy, Louisville will continue to improve under Satterfield. Miami will probably get rid of Diaz (fired their AD today, indicates they want a new man in charge of finding a new coach) but they shouldn't because they have improved so much after their extremely difficult start. Soon enough the conference should be back to having weekly major matchups in 60,000+ seater stadiums, just like a power 5 league should. It frustrates me that SEC teams (like A&M this year) can have pretty similarly poor starts to seasons but when they beat top of the conference teams like Bama it's because they're good and the conference is just so deep, not because Bama is overrated. If the ACC was seen through the same lens, a one loss ACC champion Wake would be getting in over a one loss Big 12 champ, and 7-3 Clemson would be ranked, especially given that they've given Georgia their closest game.

Pitt is a very, very good football team. A lot of this conference is so much better than people think because of the slow starts. Florida State and Miami, for example, are two very talented, and now solid football teams that just had rough starts with inexperienced teams and too much turmoil (King, Milton, coaching change buzz, etc.). It is unfortunate that Armstrong and Pickett are going to the draft this year, because the conference is going to be so exciting next year. Wake should still be very solid, Clemson can't realistically get worse given their talent, FSU is on the path to relevancy, Louisville will continue to improve under Satterfield. Miami will probably get rid of Diaz (fired their AD today, indicates they want a new man in charge of finding a new coach) but they shouldn't because they have improved so much after their extremely difficult start. Soon enough the conference should be back to having weekly major matchups in 60,000+ seater stadiums, just like a power 5 league should. It frustrates me that SEC teams (like A&M this year) can have pretty similarly poor starts to seasons but when they beat top of the conference teams like Bama it's because they're good and the conference is just so deep, not because Bama is overrated. If the ACC was seen through the same lens, a one loss ACC champion Wake would be getting in over a one loss Big 12 champ, and 7-3 Clemson would be ranked, especially given that they've given Georgia their closest game.

Pitt is good. Cannot believe they lost to WM. Pitt has big wideouts, they are good.

Pitt's pretty good.

Despite injury problems, Clemson has scored 30 points in its last two ACC games against FSU and Louisville, both wins.

Back