• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

This was our best chance in a long time to beat Clemson anywhere let alone Death Valley. But I've been telling the board for weeks that this could happen and everybody got mad. This is one of our best teams ever, but we are still who we are. We don't have the athletes to always compete. Playing Clemson at Death Valley, even with this pedestrian Clemson team required us to be perfect because we don't have individual players to take over a game. We couldn't do it, and nobody should be suggesting anything different. The PI that wasn't called was a bad call, but it didn't change what's happened since. Hope we can beat BC and have a shot at an ACC Championship. Even if that happens we're a great Wake Forest team, not a great team.

We didn’t need to be perfect. This wasn’t even a good performance on either side of the ball.

I mean our defense did a pretty good job tackling last week and this week it's like we have not made any tackles or any negative plays. Just incredibly disappointing.

Our D has been awful all season. We need our O to be perfect to win and it’s been like that since day 1. Our O just hasn’t been perfect.
Me, an idiot pop warner coach could see this... why did we stuck with our non working gameplan.. quick passes i the midle or involving Chapman wouldhavr been a start

I think they have 5 players on the field that are faster than anyone on our entire defense and this is with their 3rd team all freshman offense.

Yo the refs fucked us early and set the tone. Makes a difference. Agree that losers generally complain about refs, but this is otherworldly obvious.

We're dominated now, yes.

Give me a break. There weren't that many bad calls to make up for what is going on.

Really surprised our d line hasn't been better this year and the play of Jasir Taylor. Those are my biggest disappointments on defense.

wonder why it’s so hard for us to get competent linebackers. smenda and masterson are okay but feels like anyone else we put out there is just invisible.

Ouch. Yeah, the refs suck but we are getting dominated. They are just running it for 6 yards a pop

Our D has been awful all season. We need our O to be perfect to win and it’s been like that since day 1. Our O just hasn’t been perfect.
It's been a few games now with cracks in the O. Jurgens is out hurts big against Clemson. But it's clear to me now we were never going to win this game.

I think that turnover right before halftime was more of a momentum shift than any of the referee calls (or no calls)

The early unmade DPI calls set the tone for Clemson doing major physical play the rest of the game. That is, open season on Clemson DBs grabbing Wake receivers.

Back