• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Athletics Financial Woes

Amazing how many people take everything they hear on an anonymous message board as gospel.

Racer, as a wise, all knowing business owner I’m surprised you’re not more discerning on which information you choose to believe.

I don't get on the board each day to enjoy the company and I wanted to confirm what i was told. Which I did.

I have been told today that the Current Athletic Director has been the issue not the recently retired Athletic Director.

The current AD has hired multiple new staff at very high salaries of over $200,000 per person. He also stayed in a multi thousand dollar per night suite for the Pinstripe Bowl.

He directed the staff to go well over budget for marketing to drive fans to football games.

I don't get on the board each day to enjoy the company and I wanted to confirm what i was told. Which I did.

I have been told today that the Current Athletic Director has been the issue not the recently retired Athletic Director.

The current AD has hired multiple new staff at very high salaries of over $200,000 per person. He also stayed in a multi thousand dollar per night suite for the Pinstripe Bowl.

He directed the staff to go well over budget for marketing to drive fans to football games.

If 20% of this is remotely true, we've got HUGE problems.

This isn’t news at all. There are like 4 ADs in the country that don’t run a deficit.

Wow.

Really hope our current AD isn't that stupid.

If he is using the WF athletic budget as a slush fund to enrich his friends and spend lavishly, then he lacks the judgment to make the decision to select our next basketball coach. FWIW, particularly hard to believe that Currie would do this in year #1 of his AD tenure. Even the greediest among us should know to get the lay of the land and earn a little trust before starting the skimming operation.

Really hope our current AD isn't that stupid.

If he is using the WF athletic budget as a slush fund to enrich his friends and spend lavishly, then he lacks the judgment to make the decision to select our next basketball coach. FWIW, particularly hard to believe that Currie would do this in year #1 of his AD tenure. Even the greediest among us would know to get the lay of the land and earn a little trust before start the skimming operation.

Seen a lot from KSU fans saying he is terrible at keeping coaching staffs intact, but is a terrific money raiser and builder. All that is exactly what we need right now LOL.

100% the right thing to do.

Seems like it would be easy to identify the new staff hired. Can’t confirm their salary but it’s a start to verify this information.

Pretty disgusting if true. I was just telling a friend yesterday that one of my biggest problems with Wake since I was there is that leadership aren’t good stewards. This would just confirm my fears.

I call BS on the multi thousand dollar per night suite. The hotel rooms were dirt cheap in NYC after Christmas and before New Years. But, no telling what financial agony follows Randy Casstevens through life.

I call BS on the multi thousand dollar per night suite. The hotel rooms were dirt cheap in NYC after Christmas and before New Years. But, no telling what financial agony follows Randy Casstevens through life.

LOL. If you’re trying to find a multi-thousand dollar per night suite in NYC, you can definitely find one.

Back