• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2015

Will standing next to the dude from N.D. looked like a running back and his offensive tackle. That guy was big.

Last edited:
And he said, “There were just some [things] there that I wasn’t looking for in a school, so I decided to head out,” Yurchak said. “It was a tough decision to leave there, but now I’m excited.”

I wonder what that means. Academics an issue? Social environment not his style? Interpersonal issues with coach or team?

Not sure it has been mentioned but former pitcher Tim Cooney is starting for the Cards. A very good lefty while at Wake. As a Pittsburgh fan I hope he gets torched tonight but wish him lots of success when he's not facing the Buccos.

In a good note, Tim Cooney got his first ML win Friday night for the Cards against the Braves.

Apparently Parker Dunshee has looked pretty amazing in the Cape Cod League. Amazing enough to get some pub from Baseball Prospectus, which is rare.

From today's BP scouting reports:

Parker Dunshee, RHP, Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Cape Cod League Chatham Anglers)

After a Swiss Army knife season in the ACC, in which he started, ate up middle innings, and closed a few games for good measure, Dunshee dominated the most potent lineup on the Cape in an elimination game last week. Despite sitting “just” 90-91, his fastball showed outstanding late life and explosion at the finish. He registered a full 18 swings-and-misses with the pitch in or around the margins of the zone, and Orleans hitters were routinely late on it, making weak contact when they did get a piece of it. He worked in a handful of sliders that showed bite in the low 80’s and a couple changeups with modest tumble in the same velocity band. His repeated success with the heater continued all night, however, and never really required him to move on to Step Two of the game plan.

Mechanically it’s a low-effort delivery, albeit one with some inconsistencies. Dunshee’s arm is quick and clean, though the length of his arm swing will vary from pitch to pitch. While his drive action is clean, he’ll decelerate his front foot before strike, resulting in inconsistent command. It certainly wasn’t a problem on this night, however, as he worked the ball to all quadrants with precision. He’s likely to get a crack at full-time starting in the Demon Deacons’ rotation next spring. – Wilson Karaman

Wake should have a good baseball team this year if pitching can come around.

Should produce plenty of runs with the 1-4 in our lineup.

Back