• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

Don’t get me wrong, peluse is a damn good pitcher, but I just can’t behind the reasoning of not throwing your best arm in an elimination game.

No reason at all to put the season in the hands of Witt. He has been terrible most all of the year. No we are done and haven’t used Roberts, supple, or mcsweeney.

No reason at all to put the season in the hands of Witt. He has been terrible most all of the year. No we are done and haven’t used Roberts, supple, or mcsweeney.

I don’t think Walter understands the concept of an elimination game

Have to love Louisville not taking the sure out in that situation! They almost got burned doing that earlier in the game.

No surprises. We have not been a good team all year. Maybe next year.

No surprises. We have not been a good team all year. Maybe next year.

No argument. Loss essentially makes the Duke game meaningless as WF loses tiebreakers with both Duke and L'ville.

I love our young position players going forward, but that is irrelevant when you're putting out D2 caliber pitchers in the midweek games. If we just would've finished with a modest Non-conference record I believe we'd be on the bubble, if not in right now. I believe we won more ACC games than OOC games which is hard to fathom.

I love our young position players going forward, but that is irrelevant when you're putting out D2 caliber pitchers in the midweek games. If we just would've finished with a modest Non-conference record I believe we'd be on the bubble, if not in right now. I believe we won more ACC games than OOC games which is hard to fathom.

Will it be any different next year if we don't have better arms? Just asking. Lots of young players this year but college baseball is a game of pitching and we need 4-5 starters and great relievers. Must win the weekday games next season like we did in 2017.

Disappointing year, but feeling hopeful.

Gotta imagine Griff is gone; probably Aiello and Supple, too, but we'll see. Optimistic everyone else will return.

Will it be any different next year if we don't have better arms? Just asking. Lots of young players this year but college baseball is a game of pitching and we need 4-5 starters and great relievers. Must win the weekday games next season like we did in 2017.

probably not, unless we get historic hitting once again like was the case in 2017.

in a meaningless game at the ACCT, Clemson just scored 17 runs in one inning vs. Notre Dame; Chris Williams scored 3 runs in the inning

Clemson leads 21-4, and yes, there is a 10-run rule at the ACCT which will end the game after 7 innings

Last edited:
Roberts had an era over 9 as a freshman

Meaningless game today against dook.... meanwhile 12 seed Pitt took Pool A with wins over GT and the holes.

Head scratching decisions regarding the pitching yesterday for sure.

Back