• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

So far tonight we’ve committed 3 errors, two wild pitches, one ball, and one hit batsman. Pretty sure all those gifted runners have scored

The biggest running joke in college baseball has to be our state of the art pitching lab.

Just saw a recap highlight at the end of the game where cusick tipped his cap to the other team. Can anyone provide any context? If I was a scout in the stands I’d walk TF after seeing that. Sure as hell not going to give millions of dollars to a pussy on the mound. Unbelievable

I'm not sure but my guess is that Virginia Tech was complaining about how long it was taking to throw between pitches. Eventually the umpire came out to talk to him. Again assumption but I think he talked to him about it too and he was probably gesturing to their Dugout like, "You got what you were complaining about", or something like that..

Last edited:
I'm not sure but my guess is that Virginia Tech was complaining about how long it was taking to throw between pitches. Eventually the umpire came out to talk to him. Again assumption but I think he talked to him about it too and he was probably gesturing to their Dugout like, "You got what you were complaining about", or something like that..

pussy move, should have thrown 98 up and in then blown the guy away on three heaters. goes hand in hand with wake attitude of all talk and hype and no action

Just saw a recap highlight at the end of the game where cusick tipped his cap to the other team. Can anyone provide any context? If I was a scout in the stands I’d walk TF after seeing that. Sure as hell not going to give millions of dollars to a pussy on the mound. Unbelievable

VT asked the umpire to check his glove for a foreign substance. It took all of about 30 seconds to realize there was none.

But congratulations on making a snap judgment on a highlight at the end of the game. Good research.

Microcosm of our season.

Too many ks.
Batting average has slightly improved but terrible with runners on base.
Lack of productive outs.
It seems particularly at home that we have an inordinate number of balls hit to the outfield where runners advance one base. Nobody on this team seems to have any natural baserunning instincts.
Sloppy defense.
Pitching unable to get timely outs.

We do all of the little things to lose.

Last edited:
Seems like we had 10+ 0-2 counts last night. Called 1st strike, then followed by a swing and a miss or a foul. Seymour seems to have it the most often...

Don't understand how we can hit FSU and Louisville starters and can't touch a mediocre 2nd day VT hurler...1 hit in 4 innings.

.. and they figure Will out by the 5th. 5-1, no outs. Before it ends, 2 HRs and an 8-1 game.

Last edited:
I guess we will have to count on the Freshman Lowder to be our stopper. I hope the upperclassmen all get their degrees. Get a young, hungry coach in there who stresses fundamentals.

Did I mention 3 recorded errors?....

Our post season hopes ended in the 5th inning of this game...

Top 6, error, passed ball, single, wild pitch, unearned run, down 9-1

I would say Little League defense but I played decent defense in Little League.

Two run homer, now 11-1

Oops, solo shot, 12-1

Last edited:
Understanding we have played a top heavy schedule with lots of games to play, WF could fall to 13th place and out of the ACC tournament again today.

This will be the 4th embarrassing non competitive ACC blowout this year. 3 at home. The effort and performance today has been a total embarrassment.

Report a Covid outbreak and end the season since the team has already put it in the mail....

Back