• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

This could be why Fleming was always a closer. He has pretty much been a disaster as a starter. Granted he gets no help behind him but he’s effective maybe once through the lineup. Insert pitching lab joke here.

That ball that kid hit out opposite field to left really had no business being a home run. That ball park really is a joke. So is the coaching staff.

Bobby Seymour and Chris Lanzili are putting on quite a show. Sure would be nice if Walter could get a pitching staff put together and understand how to best utilize them to succeed.

0 coaching.

This is Walter's worst team in his tenure.

hard to get worse than last place in the league, which is where they'll be tonight

0 coaching.

This is Walter's worst team in his tenure.

i just heard during broadcast that wake forest coaches have a projector on top of dugout that gives number signals that the catcher AND PITCHER look at on wristbands to know what pitch to throw. Can anyone that's been to games confirm this? if so this is the most paralysis by analysis and overreaching example ive ever heard of in sports.

Again, Reed Mascolo has an ERA around 3. Doesn't Walk many guys. Has pitched 3 innings against ACC competition and has given up 0 runs and 1 hit.

Hasn't pitched in an ACC game since VT. Now tell me does that make any sense on a team that is struggling so much with it middle relief not say hey, let me try this guy on the weekend. What I am continuously repeating is obviously not working.

Furtado/Oxford/etc have proven to not be effective and wildly inconsistent.

At this point, I would be trying to get 5/6 innings out of Adler over the course of a weekend, which is almost two games of relief pitching and I would try a couple out of Mascolo and maybe an inning or two out of these other guys if the point is to try to win some games.

Yeah, I was hoping Mascolo would move to get some weekend action last weekend.

At this point the only (extremely unlikely) path to salvaging the season is getting into the ACC tournament and winning it. To get into the ACC tournament, WF probably needs to go 5-1 vs the ACC (and hope Duke does no better than 3-6 to close its ACC slate). Midweek games don't matter - at all. So just throw Johnny wholestaff out there and hope to win 22-21 midweek, and use Mascolo and everyone who gives you a chance to win at UVA.

WF just gave up 39 runs over 3 games.

Afraid not....trying to keep all safe and healthy from Covid.....47,000 in attendance at Alabama spring game though.

an addition to the walter go to excuses..."freshman fatigue" "one dimensional pitchers" good players play well its as simple as that, wake doesn't have that many good players

It was utterly ridiculous at the game today. Wake is so entrenched in "Covid Culture" they still required masks and limited seating I think to 400 today. Outdoor venue and 1/10th of the Couch full....and everyone there was with at least one friend or up to a group of 8, so seated together. Looked so stupid and made no sense given even Gov. Copper lifted outdoor mask mandate Friday....

Well... State "only" scored 39 runs this weekend. We kept them under 40. I consider that progress.

It was utterly ridiculous at the game today. Wake is so entrenched in "Covid Culture" they still required masks and limited seating I think to 400 today. Outdoor venue and 1/10th of the Couch full....and everyone there was with at least one friend or up to a group of 8, so seated together. Looked so stupid and made no sense given even Gov. Copper lifted outdoor mask mandate Friday....

agreed.

Back