• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Watching Vandy vs ECU. Al Leiter's son is pitching for Vandy. I am torn watching Vandy. One the one hand, I am jealous of their success. On the other, there is no reason Wake cannot be just as good.

College baseball getting a lot of TV exposure now. Stands are full.

Watching Vandy vs ECU. Al Leiter's son is pitching for Vandy. I am torn watching Vandy. One the one hand, I am jealous of their success. On the other, there is no reason Wake cannot be just as good.

Softball CWS stands were also packed this week. The popularity of that sport has really come a long way!! Granted it helped having # 1 Seed Oklahoma playing in their home state, but I was still impressed with the crowds.

I go to a lot of WFU baseball games, so I really would like to see them become successful on an ongoing basis. This year was a flat out embarrassment. The ACC was down this year, but the best they could do was finish in 13th place out of 14 teams. Not good!

Softball CWS stands were also packed this week. The popularity of that sport has really come a long way!! Granted it helped having # 1 Seed Oklahoma playing in their home state, but I was still impressed with the crowds.

I go to a lot of WFU baseball games, so I really would like to see them become successful on an ongoing basis. This year was a flat out embarrassment. The ACC was down this year, but the best they could do was finish in 13th place out of 14 teams. Not good!

Softball and men’s lacrosse are the two sports that I realistically wish we would add (I say realistically because hockey would be awesome but that’s not happening).

Miami and Wake Forest are the only 2 ACC teams that do not have softball teams.

Softball and men’s lacrosse are the two sports that I realistically wish we would add (I say realistically because hockey would be awesome but that’s not happening).

Wake will never have softball IMHO. Mens and womens lacrosse would be realistic. Lots of schools adding one or both. High Point men have now competed in the NCAA regionals, losing to a high ranked Duke team.

ECU played at Vandy very well. State held on to a 1 run win vs Arkansas and will play rubber game tomorrow. Dallas Baptist has had a surge in athletic success, beating UVa today also by a run. And the last ACC team left, ND, also lost by a run to Miss State.

Maybe we should change our name to Winston-Salem Baptist.....😁

Last edited:
What the fuck does any of these recent posts have to do with our baseball team? If you wanna talk about adding ladies softball or lacrosse move it to another topic.

What the fuck does any of these recent posts have to do with our baseball team? If you wanna talk about adding ladies softball or lacrosse move it to another topic.

None of the talk about postseason college baseball has anything to do with our team either. Just sayin’.

This. I am very jealous of their success. Although I will say, it's hard for me to watch Vandy home games because of that stupid ass whistle.

NC State has taken a "stand and deliver" mentality since the blowout 1st loss to Arkansas. Yesterdays pitching was masterful in the clutch. Holding a 1 run lead through 4-6 innings on a top ranked team at their place is rare. Today, through 4 they hold a 2-1 lead with clutch play and pitching. Even if they lose, what a great end of season run.

No reason we couldn't periodically do the same. I think we really blew our baseball program success. Marvin Crater built us from nothing with a bunch of fb players to win an ACC title. Greer was the next step up and took us to ACC championships and regional. What happened? Much like Gaudio, we really took 10 steps back instead of 1 step forward with Rembielak and Walter. And if I'm not mistaken, Greer was let go whereas Crater retired.

State wins 3-2!

A team once 1-8 in the ACC this year beats #1 on their home field!

Great wins by State after getting smoked 21-2 in game 1 then come back for two 1 run wins vs #1 team in the country and AA pitcher.

Great wins by State after getting smoked 21-2 in game 1 then come back for two 1 run wins vs #1 team in the country and AA pitcher.

Arkansas pitching coach blew it. He left the pitcher in too long. Who is the Arkansas pitching coach? Former Wake Forest pitching coach Matt Hobbs.

Back