• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Next year will be brutal with the loss of some key guys, but if dunshee leaves we're screwed. He's the only guy that can pitch. We may finish only ahead of VT next year

I think most of us that follow this team expected to go 1-2. It was a fun year. Even though we had a pretty high RPI there is a reason we were never close to being ranked. The main thing we did this year was to win our weekday games. Hopefully our starters continue to grow. I also have hope in Donnie. He is EXTREMELY new to pitching. He was recruited as an outfielder. He will continue to develop.
In regard to draft stock, there is no way Will stays. Even if he wanted to, another bad wooden bat summer could significantly hurt him. I think Parker is about 75/25 to leave due to projected position. Once you get lower in the rounds though he could easily climb very high or drop significantly. Nate is the big toss up. His defense is very good, he has great bat control, and significant pop for a 2b.
Next year could be rough. Stu and Gavin are far and away the best returners if Parker and Nate leave. Agree completely that Logan needs to seize the C spot and not let go. We do have a good prospect behind Aiello whose name I am blanking on and too lazy to look up. I frankly don't know about a lot of the backups as Walter stuck pretty consistently with the same 10. Keegan has to get significantly better to warrant playing time as anything more than a defensive replacement. This team just has to put the ball in play more.

Last thing. Our recruiting for next year looks pretty bleak. So I'm not banking on much from incoming guys.

Bc goes to the supers as a 3 seed. Has wake ever overachieved to that level in a national championship tournament in any sport?

Good year for Wake.
Made the NCAAT.
Kept the Heels out with the sweep.

One NCAA tourney win is about the best you can expect from a 10th place conference finisher.

Well, it looks like PTown was right on the money once again. Another great prediction. At least Minnesota, the "weakest #2 seed", made the Aggies work for it in the finals.

So, another bleak future for one of our sports teams. With Faillman at the helm, it seems as we've gotten used to it.

jQN4FNW.gif

I would rather be one of the 10 teams to make the tourney than the 6 who didn't. Our pitching is BAD, outside of Dunshee. I expected to beat Minnesota yesterday though. All things considered, it's not like we had a super disappointing season or anything.

Well, it looks like PTown was right on the money once again. Another great prediction. At least Minnesota, the "weakest #2 seed", made the Aggies work for it in the finals.

Yet the No. 8 team in the ACC won 3 games in the NCAAT and is headed to the Super Regionals after losing a play-in game for the ACC Tournament, and going 13-15 to our 13-17.

Got it.

Yet the No. 8 team in the ACC won 3 games in the NCAAT and is headed to the Super Regionals after losing a play-in game for the ACC Tournament, and going 13-15 to our 13-17.

Got it.

And I think BC got a much easier draw and the other 4 teams were not at the level of our region, IMO.

Got it.

And I think BC got a much easier draw and the other 4 teams were not at the level of our region, IMO.

Back