• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake BBall - Rotation

Haros

Reaction score
Well, shit. We're down to 8 guys the first semester. Two of which are raw freshmen who are unlikely to contribute. With that, we sound a lot like last year's first semester when Ari and Tabb were suspended and Tony C. was out. Luckily our best players this year will be So./Jr's rather than freshmen. Here's my take on the rotation, where we will likely have to play 3 guards a lot, thus a few SG at SF minutes. please let me know if I'm way off base anywhere

PG - TC (25), Fields (8), CJ (7)
SG - CJ (25), Chase (10), TC (5)
SF - Chase (15), Mckie (22), CJ (3)
PF - Mckie (13), Nikita (23), Green (4)
C - Carson (30), Nikita (5), Green (5)

Total Minutes:
TC - 30
CJ - 32
Fields - 8
Chase - 25
Mckie - 35
Nikita - 28
Green - 9
Carson - 30

I'd have Carson and Nikita play more, but I'm not sure either will be able to stay on the floor long enough to log more minutes than that while being effective.

In terms of experience, we would average 1.06 years of prior experience by Kenpom's system if these minutes hold anywhere close. Last year's 1.00 was good for the 327th most experienced team out of 345 based solely on the year of eligibility of each player times their minutes played. 1.06 would have been all of 324th.

In other words, not much better at all. I'm sure this is news to everyone.

Well, shit. We're down to 8 guys the first semester. Two of which are raw freshmen who are unlikely to contribute. With that, we sound a lot like last year's first semester when Ari and Tabb were suspended and Tony C. was out. Luckily our best players this year will be So./Jr's rather than freshmen. Here's my take on the rotation, where we will likely have to play 3 guards a lot, thus a few SG at SF minutes. please let me know if I'm way off base anywhere

Total Minutes:
TC - 30
CJ - 32
Fields - 8
Chase - 25
Mckie - 35
Nikita - 28
Green - 9
Carson - 30

I'd have Carson and Nikita play more, but I'm not sure either will be able to stay on the floor long enough to log more minutes than that while being effective.

In terms of experience, we would average 1.06 years of prior experience by Kenpom's system if these minutes hold anywhere close. Last year's 1.00 was good for the 327th most experienced team out of 345 based solely on the year of eligibility of each player times their minutes played. 1.06 would have been all of 324th.

In other words, not much better at all. I'm sure this is news to everyone.

Worse I fear.

I thought this thread was going to be about Wake basketball rotating in a toilet bowl.

this looks about right...Fields will have to be healthy to play more, so i agree with a conservative estimate of his minutes.

what is the situation with stretch (walker)?

Fields and Green will probably get more minutes out of necessity. The only way this team is any better than last years is if (1) McKie and CJ can put the entire team on their backs for long stretches; (2) Fischer has ice in his blood and hits every shot he takes; and (3) Carson has made significant improvements on both sides of the floor.

Fields and Green will probably get more minutes out of necessity. The only way this team is any better than last years is if (1) McKie and CJ can put the entire team on their backs for long stretches; (2) Fischer has ice in his blood and hits every shot he takes; and (3) Carson has made significant improvements on both sides of the floor.

I agree about Nikita's foul trouble, which is sort of what I was getting at about his inability to play more than 28. It could very well end up being closer to 20 minutes.

I also think that Fields and Green will end up playing a little more than I listed, even though Fields has been injured and neither is ready to contribute. Assuming the three freshmen come off the bench, our bench would provide just 21% of our minutes this year, which is even less than the 28.5% last year, which was only 220th in the country. 21% would be 330th in bench minutes (per last year's stats), and I do suspect that whether it's walkons or scholarship players, we'll end up with a slightly highter percentage than that.

Over/under on wins has to be somewhere in the range of 8.5 to 9.5, yes. I know Jaybone has taken some action at 8.5, with others taking the under.

Jaybone is taking bets on 8.5 before January. I think 8.5 is appropriate for the whole year.

Not actually true. The bet is on 8.5 wins for the entire season with TBR and deacphan for $50 a piece and with deacvision7 it is 8 wins by Jan 3rd for $20

The minutes look about right, but at this point I would just guess that TC and Fields have 35-38 minutes to fight over. Wouldn't be surprised to see one get 25 minutes one night and the other get 25 minutes the next depending on turnovers.

were_fucked.jpg

Tony, CJ, Travis and Carson need to play 32 mpg. Duke has done this for decades.

This leaves 56-72 mpg for the rest of the guys.

Unfortunately Nikita will need to play 25 mpg.

Since we aren't going to get many rebounds anyway, we might as well play Chase 25mpg to score.

This leaves about 22 mpg for Anthony and Daniel.

Not actually true. The bet is on 8.5 wins for the entire season with TBR and deacphan for $50 a piece and with deacvision7 it is 8 wins by Jan 3rd for $20

The minutes look about right, but at this point I would just guess that TC and Fields have 35-38 minutes to fight over. Wouldn't be surprised to see one get 25 minutes one night and the other get 25 minutes the next depending on turnovers.

That's news to me...please provide a link where I said anything of the sort.

For what it's worth, I actually think we will win more than 8 games (hurrah for a super weak OOC schedule).

Last edited:
Of course if TY comes back with any urgency then the minutes change dramatically.

Chase getting minutes at SF? Is he tall enough for that? I thought he was like 6-3? Am very hopeful he's going to score at a decent clip, but I was expecting him to do so from the SG position.

We don't have a backup SF this season....someone is going to have to take some minutes there...

Seeing Chennault at 30 mpg makes me want to cry.

Total Minutes:
TC - 30
CJ - 32
Fields - 8
Chase - 25
Mckie - 35
Nikita - 28
Green - 9
Carson - 30

With only seven scholarship players available for Nov/Dec we're gonna have to play some of the walk-ons so the minutes should be adjusted to make room for them.

With only seven scholarship players available for Nov/Dec we're gonna have to play some of the walk-ons so the minutes should be adjusted to make room for them.

This is going to be a really ugly season.

Back