• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ BC 11/27 – Noon ESPN2

Somewhat sloppy on offense today but defense really showed up. We need to put a complete game together on Saturday.

Yeah I don’t get it and wondering why media hasn’t asked same ? Would love to know rationale as that is what makes our O so potent. Was stark vs unc as we didn’t go anywhere when went away from it but very effective when we did use mesh. Wondering if think it’s our way of outsmarting others for what they prepared for?

And please sit Turner. Just a mediocre back when we have others that can be explosive and quicker to hole.

You know Dave Clawson, close to the vest with injury/availability situations but will disclose all of the game plan if we just word our questions the right way.

The slow mesh works against teams that don't blow up the A-gaps. Once that gets put on film, Wake goes away from it.

Somewhat sloppy on offense today but defense really showed up. We need to put a complete game together on Saturday.

Love that we can put up 40+ and think our offense looked mediocre.

Love that we can put up 40+ and think our offense looked mediocre.

Yeah it’s pretty unbelievable. I was thinking about the 0-0 VT regulation game or the 3-0 BC game and it just doesn’t even seem like the same program.

DC/WR offense has shown it is adaptable. Yet some bitch about play selection cause they know better. Embrace our moment in history that is being written.

It was unbelievably cold at the game with 20 knot winds. Get a grip

The offense did their job. I could nitpick but I won’t.

I am so so proud of the defense. They played like the championship was on the line. If that defense plays next Saturday Wake wins.

It was unbelievably cold at the game with 20 knot winds. Get a grip

Dude calm down. Not taking anything away from the team but we were sloppy, it is what it is. We’ll need to play better next week for sure and absolutely need to cut down on the dumb penalties that would have hurt us badly against a better team. I actually think it’s impressive that we didn’t play our best and put up 40+ while running clock most of the 4th quarter.

I am totally calm. but sitting in your living room you have no feel for the conditions. we won by 31 on the road and beat the spread by 26 and you want to nitpuck. The conditiins were fucking awful but carry on.

Ecstatic to be 10-2 and going to a championship. We will have to play a more complete game than we have in the past month to win a championship. We beat state and bc with really sloppy offense and overall rather undisciplined play. We lost to unc and Clemson. We don’t win next week if we look like we did today on offense. It’s not just about scoring 40+. We can’t make the mistake we’ve been making because Pitt will take advantage in a way bc couldn’t. Is what it is. Celebrate an awesome season and hope we hit on all cylinders next Saturday.

Ecstatic to be 10-2 and going to a championship. We will have to play a more complete game than we have in the past month to win a championship. We beat state and bc with really sloppy offense and overall rather undisciplined play. We lost to unc and Clemson. We don’t win next week if we look like we did today on offense. It’s not just about scoring 40+. We can’t make the mistake we’ve been making because Pitt will take advantage in a way bc couldn’t. Is what it is. Celebrate an awesome season and hope we hit on all cylinders next Saturday.

This is very true. We will need defensive execution against State and BC and offensive execution early in the year. Can’t have mistakes and timely penalties - let’s worry about it tomorrow!

Wake @ BC 11/27 – Noon ESPN2

I am totally calm. but sitting in your living room you have no feel for the conditions. we won by 31 on the road and beat the spread by 26 and you want to nitpuck. The conditiins were fucking awful but carry on.

This was our best game since pre-Carolina. The D was unusually solid at times. Also, the showing by the Deac fans, especially considering the time of year and weather, was phenomenal. Lots of loud, happy fans. The players were super gracious and made a big point to come over and give high fives to the screaming 6-7 year olds in our group. Couldn’t have imagined a better day all around.

Back