• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/BC Game Thread

If we win one of these next two on the road, it would be a perfect time for Bzz to go onto campus with the team and get people to come out to the State game. Time to interact with the community.

What an exciting game. Rough finish, but a win's a win. Several players just had career days -- notably CJ and Devin.

If we win one of these next two on the road, it would be a perfect time for Bzz to go onto campus with the team and get people to come out to the State game. Time to interact with the community.

Totally agree. If we win one of these next two, then he has to seize the opportunity to convince people that we can hang with State on our home floor.

Good idea. Maybe Wellman or one of his minions that read this site will recommend it to [Redacted].

Two complaints (because I always complain):

1) What seemed to be the best and most exciting Wake game in years and my TV/internet were out. Damn AT&T.

2) Why does Jeff [Redacted] have to be such a prick? It makes it really hard to root wholeheartedly for this team or to get excited that when they play well, just because I know [Redacted] (and Wellman) will be absolutely insufferable if the corner is turned (no, it hasn't happened yet).

when do we build the statue? which tie do we use?

Heck yeah. Maybe we lop off the head of the deacon and replace it with Buzz's! Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Glad you and others are finally seeing how great a coach Buzz is. He is almost a lock for Coach of the Year at the end of the season. I can't wait.

Heck yeah. Maybe we lop off the head of the deacon and replace it with Buzz's! Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Glad you and others are finally seeing how great a coach Buzz is. He is almost a lock for Coach of the Year at the end of the season. I can't wait.

Can see it now...Bz ACC coach of the year & then he will depart for greener pastures!!!

Bzz post game

- I used the term resilient
- we spotted them a 10 point lead, came back on the back of CJ
- We are just a resilient group
- That says a lot for these guys
- We just need to get more stops
- all said and done we got the timely stop
- some comment about how we stopped being aggressive while BC turned it up when we were up by 9 (but I missed most of it and can't type that fast).
- we tried to lose it but got it done in the end
- I want to thank the fans, our players are passionate and we really appreciate the fans
- tree only played 7 minutes had 4 steals and some timely deflections
- Moto played a very good 2nd half
- codi had 5 asst and 0 to's
- jones had 3 asst and 1 to, 8 assts and 1 to for our frosh guard
- 17 assists for the team
- Unfortunate call with in the letter of the rule, the rule is wrong, they have to have judgement, they are hacking him and hacking him and you are just trying to protect the ball. You have to protect the ball. We have to trust the officials to understand the spirit of the game.
- its an emotional game, we have to trust the officials to understand the intent
- practice tomorrow, no day off

This has to be sarcasm, right? Despite today's 3 point home win over a 9-7 BC team ranked #135 by Kenpom, we are well on our way to a losing season. Coaches with losing seasons do not become ACC Coach of the Year. We'll talk when we beat Duke, NC State, Maryland, or, maybe, Miami (depending on how they do without the big guy). Record wise, we won one less OOC game than I expected, even though I included what I call the [Redacted] factor (an extra loss just for the hell of it). We are one up in the ACC, which is good, but if you told me at the beginning of the season we'd beat Virginia it wouldn't have exactly shocked me.

Back