• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ BC Official Game Thread

Very impressive road win just 36 hours after getting blown out at Cameron.

For all you who rush to this board to bash Bzz after every single loss, give him credit for this one.

This team was well-prepared and came to play.

BC was in Raleigh Thursday night.

Congrats to our boys. McKie and Ty were awesome, and Chase hit some dagger treys as well.

The better team won. Feels good to say that about us following a conference game.

We did a much better job of getting the ball inside today and against Duke than we have in the past. That's key.

Good things happen - when plays are run for Travis McKie.

Yet somehow they beat VT and Clemson. I agree BC looked like a pile of shit today, but that was their first loss at home in conference play.

Holy Cross beat BC by 22. UMASS beat them by 36! Saint Louis by 11. New Mexico by 18. BU by 14. Harvard by 21. Rhode Island only by 6 (but it's Rhode Island). All 7 of those losses came at home. I understand that they completely defied the odds by beating two mediocre ACC teams at home but that's an atrocious basketball team.

Very impressive road win just 36 hours after getting blown out at Cameron.

For all you who rush to this board to bash Bzz after every single loss, give him credit for this one.

This team was well-prepared and came to play.

You said it. The guys played very hard at Duke and I was concerned they'd run out of gas in the second half......didn't happen.
Since our Wolfpack disaster last week, I really like what I'm seeing.
Great game guys.

Nice win today. The way I see it, we will have opportunities to win games against the lower-tier ACC teams. Those chances improve greatly when we get good performances from Ty and Chase. For the most part, we know what we're getting from CJ and Travis. Getting the rebounding/blocked shots from Ty and the outside shooting from Chase is critical--when we get both, we'll have chances to win.

Congrats to the team. As Ty and Carson gain confidence and strength, it changes the dynamics.. While we may not beat Duke or UNC, if we play hard and rebound (like Travis said in the post game today), we can beat anybody.

You said it. The guys played very hard at Duke and I was concerned they'd run out of gas in the second half......didn't happen.
Since our Wolfpack disaster last week, I really like what I'm seeing.
Great game guys.

Agree. The guys are playing without being tight or afraid. This game got close; but we didn't panic and finished strong.

Good job by players and coaches.

Yet somehow they beat VT and Clemson. I agree BC looked like a pile of shit today, but that was their first loss at home in conference play.
The ACC is REALLY bad this year. I don't remember it being worse.

Nice win today. The way I see it, we will have opportunities to win games against the lower-tier ACC teams. Those chances improve greatly when we get good performances from Ty and Chase. For the most part, we know what we're getting from CJ and Travis. Getting the rebounding/blocked shots from Ty and the outside shooting from Chase is critical--when we get both, we'll have chances to win.

We can beat FLORIDA STATE at home if the stars align and we have a rowdy home crowd (I know).

Tough tough next 5 games. Any wins we can get in our next 5 is a giant bonus. 2 would be incredible.

Pretty much what I wanted to say. We are a decent team when Ty plays well and Chase can hit a few threes. Tony C, Nikita and Carson are still unpredictable but maybe they are/can get better.

Buzz did a good job today, no way around it.

FSU has played some good games. They are due a stinker.

Tough tough next 5 games. Any wins we can get in our next 5 is a giant bonus. 2 would be incredible.

Agreed. Won't be surprised to go 0-5. I just hope our players don't lose morale and focus should we lose all those games; if we can keep playing well or improve, we'll have a shot to make some noise in our final 6 games.

At Clemson and home versus Clemson looks like our only real shots over the next 6. They have been known to pitch some stinkers this year.

Chris is right about our next five games

Chris reminds us all that our next five games are very tough: FSU, @Clemson, UNC, @State, @Virginia. We could play moderately well and still lose all five. I'd like to see improved play and at least one good win in those five games. If we can survive these five and continue improving we'll have a chance for several victories after these fives games are done.

Agreed. Won't be surprised to go 0-5. I just hope our players don't lose morale and focus should we lose all those games; if we can keep playing well or improve, we'll have a shot to make some noise in our final 6 games.

4 of the last six is a real possibility. But the next three weeks are gonna suck around these parts.

Back