• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake County Schools Delayed Two Hours on 1/7/2014 because it is...

Durham Public Schools will operate on a two-hour delay. All schools and before-school care will start two hours later than normal, according to William “Chip” Sudderth, director of public information for Durham Public Schools.
Breakfast will not be served, and schools will dismiss at the normal time.

soup-nazi_320.jpg

Resurrecting this stupid thread to complain about the incredibly stupid two hour delay in Guilford County this morning.

That is all.

Resurrecting this stupid thread to complain about the incredibly stupid two hour delay in Guilford County this morning.

That is all.

WSFCS apparently got the message after the last 2 hour delay and they are backing off their ultra cautious stance. They tweeted last night that they would *gasp* wait until the morning to determine if there would be a delay. Woke up this morning to a message that there was no delay.

Bueno.

Heaven forbid they actually drive the roads THE DAY OF school rather than the night before. Good to know they've come around (for one morning, at least).

WSFCS apparently got the message after the last 2 hour delay and they are backing off their ultra cautious stance. They tweeted last night that they would *gasp* wait until the morning to determine if there would be a delay. Woke up this morning to a message that there was no delay.

Bueno.

Bump

Winston-Salem Forsyth County schools will be on 2 hour delay tomorrow. Because....

I saw a girl out waiting for the bus yesterday without a coat. It was about 19 degrees. She seemed to have made a decision to do this though, because I have seen her wearing a coat before and her family is well off.

I saw a girl out waiting for the bus yesterday without a coat. It was about 19 degrees. She seemed to have made a decision to do this though, because I have seen her wearing a coat before and her family is well off.

My 11 year old son does this shit sometimes. He acts like you poured acid on his skin if you make him wear pants and a winter coat in the winter time. Our policy is to make him carry his bulky winter jacket with him even if he won't put it on. If he gets cold enough, he's got it right there.

Mine do that too. I make them freeze. The 7 year old tried to wear shorts last week when it was 23. Idiot.

Mine do that too. I make them freeze. The 7 year old tried to wear shorts last week when it was 23. Idiot.

My kid is in for a big time culture shock in the fall. He moves on to middle school and they have a rigid dress code. Only khaki or demin shorts and pants, collared shirts, no hoodies. My kid will only wear athletic shorts/pants, tee shirts, and a hoodie to school.

I'm not gonna lie, I am going to revel in his misery for a few days because he's been such a PITA over clothing for the last year.

Mecklenburg county too... morons.

They say it is to give time for the busses to start. I'm not going to argue though, this delay is allowing me to get a lot done before the kids show up.

They say it is to give time for the busses to start. I'm not going to argue though, this delay is allowing me to get a lot done before the kids show up.

Fairfax County here in the DC area has been off all week and had a 2 hour delay today, but over 200 busses couldn't start this morning.

They are morons. Just bring the bus maintenance employees into work two hours early rather than forcing tens of thousands of parents to rearrange their mornings, many of whom are hourly employees who simply won't make as much money this week. The cost to the government alone is huge, as thousands of their employees miss out on work time today. Never mind the cost to private business in the county.

It's 47.7 degrees in my friend's classroom right now

Back