• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Dook Game Thread

Well, we're keeping it close so far...

Hoping for our next moral victory. Maybe next year we get some actual victories.

Hoping for a non bloodbath. Duke is extremely good, and as someone mentioned in a previous thread: they are specifically designed to destroy our weaknesses. I just want to see continued improved with ball handling and our defensive fundamentals. Everything else is gravy. I fully expect Duke to hit a ton of threes regardless though. We simply can't cover their post players without giving up something on the perimeter.

Hoping for a non bloodbath. Duke is extremely good, and as someone mentioned in a previous thread: they are specifically designed to destroy our weaknesses. I just want to see continued improved with ball handling and our defensive fundamentals. Everything else is gravy. I fully expect Duke to hit a ton of threes regardless though. We simply can't cover their post players without giving up something on the perimeter.

What's our weakness? Depth? FT shooting? PG play? Size?

What's our weakness? Depth? FT shooting? PG play? Size?

We don't have anyone to defend a true center so we pinch in and expose the perimeter. I was speaking specifically about our defensive limitations.

Plus we've had trouble with ball screens all year that lead to open 3's or a guard driving by a big on a switch - and Duke has 4 guys within a percentage point of shooting 40% or better from deep on the year.

I think Devin will really struggle to score against Okafor, but I'm very interested to see how he handles Okafor on the defensive end. Devin doesn't have the height, but he's one of the quicker big men Okafor will face in the ACC so maybe he has a shot at moving him away from the basket. In his last 3 games Okafor almost has almost 80 points on nearly 80% shooting so probably not. Dude is just a monster.

Nobody's finished within single digits of Duke this year yet. I'm not one for moral victories, but after the effort against Louisville I'll be extremely impressed if we're able to go out and make Duke earn it.

Just would like to se an effort like Louisville. Play hard and stick to the game plan. Hey we beat Duke last year-- could happen, even Ky had a fight last night

Duke missed a lot of wide open 3s in the upset last year. Hopefully they'll have a cold night.

I've got some scoop.

Jason Williams is injured and isn't going to play tonight.

Get the wire ready for McClinton's jaw.

Will the game be available on DirectTV? I know it is playing on Comcast in DC, just trying to figure out if I need to do a bar with cable.

Back