• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Dook Game Thread

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I was under the impression the SEC network was available nationwide. Watching on a smattering of channels in ACC country and streaming on the net isn't the same as a nationally available channel.

Part of it is that the ACC made a deal to televise some of the games on the ACC Network, which is only carried by random affiliates that choose when to carry it. As a hopeful incentive to carry it more often, the ACC feels that it cannot simply put all of its "bad" games on the network.

I don't like the games being regional but I could deal with the ACC Network as it stands if it were actually guaranteed to be showed by affiliates versus the hit or miss system that happens now. Every ACC conference game should be available to every television household in the ACC footprint. Affiliates carrying MMA reruns instead is ridiculous (the ACC affiliate here did that).

Ultimately though, there needs to be a way to distribute the ACC nationwide without making people resort to ESPN3.

Last edited:
SEC Network is regional or premium sports tier. It's the equivalent of putting Duke Wake on ACC Network affiliates and ESPN 3.
For TWC in the SEC footprint, the SEC network is in the basic TV lineup and not the Sports Tier.

Whether on the sports tier or not, it is a guaranteed channel that people can get access to if they want versus having to search for the ACC affiliate and then hoping they chose to show the game.

Neither is a perfect system but I definitely prefer the SEC Network to the ACC Network, but that's pretty obvious since one is a real channel versus the psuedo channel that the ACC operates.

Last edited:
Do you guys expect #4 Wisconsin to be on national TV for every conference game too?

I would expect a Wisconsin game being broadcast by a regional network, to be shown in a mid-size metropolitan area within 3 hours of the campus, yes.

For TWC, the SEC network is in the basic TV lineup and not the Sports Tier. This is true in the SEC footprint at least.

In non-SEC footprint it is part of the sports package tier upgrade. Along with Big 10 network and other random shit.

I do agree it's bullshit if the actual affiliates don't even play the games. That seems like it shouldn't be allowed.

Part of it is that the ACC made a deal to televise some of the games on the ACC Network, which is only carried by random affiliates that choose to carry it sometimes. As a result of this, the ACC feels that it cannot simply put all of its "bad" games on the network. I could live with the ACC Network as it stands if it were actually guaranteed to be showed by affiliates versus the hit or miss system that happens now. Every ACC conference game should be available to every household in the ACC footprint. Affiliates carrying MMA reruns instead is ridiculous (the ACC affiliate here did that).

I'd agree with this. The fact that I sometimes get the games and sometimes don't makes it super frustrating. You're doing it wrong as a network if people can't consistently know where to find your product.

I'd agree with this. The fact that I sometimes get the games and sometimes don't makes it super frustrating. You're doing it wrong as a network if people can't consistently know where to find your product.

And if I were an advertiser that would certainly make me question my 'investment'.

As I said oddly in Dallas they show the ACCN games every week. It sounds like it the station in the acc territory that are the problem.

As I said oddly in Dallas they show the ACCN games every week. It sounds like it the station in the acc territory that are the problem.

Yeah..really weird. Better quality than I remember Raycom being in NC as well.

What did Devin do? They didn't show anything on TV

I know his 4th foul was total BS. Kennard (the new Michael Jordan since he gets a call every single time he drives) threw his head back like he was punched Devin never touched him.

+1

Back