• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Dook Game Thread

I don't know about the cheerleaders, but back in the 90's the band only got 1 academic credit for marching band, the football season. The pep-band for basketball was all volunteer but you had play marching band to suffer through 2-10 football seasons to be allowed to play in the basketball pep band. If we stayed around to play during the holidays we had to provide our own housing a meals.

Yep- same goes for the mid '80's, only we had a Final 8 team with Young, Rudd, etc that retired Ray Meyer and it was very competitive to get into the Pep Band at that time.

Deac83, I didn't try that, as I don't have Internet at home, but I may opt for it soon. Also, I am one of 3 people on the planet who don't own a cell phone.
Definitely not a millennial here.

So what do you... like... do?

There have been a few blackouts over the years. I've used theacc.com when that happens. It's delayed even more. Watching on delay on a computer screen is far behind watching on TV.

PhDeac, I live in Bradenton. I've watched the majortity of Wake games this season using the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Just $39. Pop it into your HDMI slot, and you're off and running.

Winning the turnover battle against Duke is a major accomplishment. Think about how ofter we were turning it over earlier this year against mediocre teams.

We couldn't break UNC-A's press..........

How he F&$* did we lose to Del St?!!?
They double and triple teamed Devin every time he touched the ball, and one of Del St's players was stupid hot. Really surprised that 2 HOF coaches did not try to double Devin and force other guys to make shots.

They double and triple teamed Devin every time he touched the ball, and one of Del St's players was stupid hot. Really surprised that 2 HOF coaches did not try to double Devin and force other guys to make shots.

Which is what both of those coaches did back in the day against Duncan.

There have been a few blackouts over the years. I've used theacc.com when that happens. It's delayed even more. Watching on delay on a computer screen is far behind watching on TV.

Why black it out if it's not blacked out in the Triad? Am I missing something?

We're just a far, far better team defensively right now than we were against Delaware St. Plus it's basketball - that guy for Delaware St. dropped 48 the other night. Sometimes gunners catch fire.

Why black it out if it's not blacked out in the Triad? Am I missing something?

I'm not in the Triad. Not sure I understand what you're saying. Sometimes ESPN must think a local affiliate or SunSports is carrying the game, but they aren't so it's blacked out.

I love my Roku which allows me to watch all espn channels (including ESPN3) on the big screen with TWC. Most of the time I will go online to listen to the radio broadcast and watch on tv. Just have to pause the tv to let the radio catch up. This way I can listen to the pregame and post game radio interviews. By the way dispatcher HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I will be 75 in July and do have a cell phone.

I'm not in the Triad. Not sure I understand what you're saying. Sometimes ESPN must think a local affiliate or SunSports is carrying the game, but they aren't so it's blacked out.

Sadly, the technology has caught up enough to allow them to tightly control the distribution of the content.

In the beginning of Direct TV, if you lived outside a major metro area, you could get a NBC/ABC/CBS network feed. WRAL happened to be one of them, so in 1995 I the UNC Scooter Banks Dunk game in PA via Directv.

Then when Directv picked up all the Fox Sports station, you could get all the ACC games if you bought their sportspack. When the ACC signed a deal with ESPN in early 2000's the contract said those games were blacked out outside ACC Territory. Oddly, today, NESN seems to leak through when all others are blacked out.

As Ph said if they think you are sitting in an ACC broadcast city they will blackout the ESPN3 feed to you. Of course they are looking at where you are accessing the internet from.

Oddly, in the new ACC Network deal, the DFW area now gets the ACC Network games, so Wake/dook was on locally in Dallas.

I live in southwest Virginia, about two hours from Wake and had to watch on the internet. The ACC needs to get their shit together like the SEC did and just develop their own channel. If I'm Duke, I'd say there's no reason the # 2 team in the land shouldn't be on readily accessible TV to the entire country.

Do you guys expect #4 Wisconsin to be on national TV for every conference game too?

Comparing Wisconsin and Duke is totally different IMHO. Duke is the ACC equivalent in hoops to Alabama in football for the SEC. Unless they are playing Samford, they are on national TV. There are just so many channels, it really should never be an issue.

It bothers me that I get Miss State playing some other shitty SEC school in hoops on the SEC channel and can't watch Wake (granted we haven't been worth watching) and more importantly for the conference Duke, the # 2 team in the land, play on a decent station. That makes us look small time.

Comparing them to Wisconsin totally different but comparing CBB to CFB totally the same.

Okay, #1 UK with a bigger following than even Duke has 3 SEC Network conference games left.

Comparing them to Wisconsin totally different but comparing CBB to CFB totally the same.

Okay, #1 UK with a bigger following than even Duke has 3 SEC Network conference games left.

In what ways would you say that Duke and Wisconsin are similar?

and UK isn't on SEC network because they are on CBS or ESPN

I just looked at their schedule, they have 3 remaining conference games only shown on the SEC network.

vs. Vanderbilt, vs. Alabama, and @ Miss. St.

I just looked at their schedule, they have 3 remaining conference games only shown on the SEC network.

vs. Vanderbilt, vs. Alabama, and @ Miss. St.

Right, because the rest of their games are on ESPN or CBS. What part am I missing? I don't much care which network it is, but our marquee teams should be on national TV in basketball routinely.

SEC Network is regional or premium sports tier. It's the equivalent of putting Duke Wake on ACC Network affiliates and ESPN 3.

Back