• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Dook Game Thread

I am located down here in Orangeburg, SC. I am a TWC HD subscriber. I checked every possible channel 3 times last night, and failed to find any station carrying our game. Needless to say, I was reminded once again that I am in South Carolina.

I grew up in North Carolina and I am used to the broadcasting of Big Four games being part of the natural universe. Apparently I have moved away from the natural universe. Also, yesterday was my 70th birthday, but I was left to watch Tennessee @ Mississippi State instead of the rapidly improving Deacons against the despised Blue Devils. [I suppose Duke is still doing that little shuffle in the lane that they're famous for not getting called on!]

BTW, none of the stations carried Clemson @ Louisville either.

WLOS and their affiliate My40 in Asheville has decided to carry Clemson over every North Carolina school. It's really annoying.

I had to watch the game using my I-pad and the ACC Digital network app. I highly recommend that app by the way. Very well done.

It seems like these guys are pissed that they haven't won these last two games. Tack on the NC State game and they know they're 0-3 in a top-heavy ACC. Something tells me they might not come out flat against GT on Sat - quite the opposite in fact.

A Bz-coached team, on the other hand, would absolutely lose by 40 to the Jackets.

Play like we did these last two games against the haves and we should be fine against the have nots. Very encouraged with this team's effort.

We had rat face on the verge of another dook loss at the Joel!

WLOS and their affiliate My40 in Asheville has decided to carry Clemson over every North Carolina school. It's really annoying.

I had to watch the game using my I-pad and the ACC Digital network app. I highly recommend that app by the way. Very well done.

So this will be the case all year when we are on at the same time as Clemson?

I am located down here in Orangeburg, SC. I am a TWC HD subscriber. I checked every possible channel 3 times last night, and failed to find any station carrying our game. Needless to say, I was reminded once again that I am in South Carolina.

I grew up in North Carolina and I am used to the broadcasting of Big Four games being part of the natural universe. Apparently I have moved away from the natural universe. Also, yesterday was my 70th birthday, but I was left to watch Tennessee @ Mississippi State instead of the rapidly improving Deacons against the despised Blue Devils. [I suppose Duke is still doing that little shuffle in the lane that they're famous for not getting called on!]

BTW, none of the stations carried Clemson @ Louisville either.

Did you try online via theacc.com? That's where I watched it but I'm also not anywhere ACC territory.

Carver was great. I still don't get why the cheerleaders have to stay through break, but some band members don't. Rotate them in and out.
I could be wrong but I think the cheerleaders have some sort of scholarship or stipend, where as the pep band is not paid and is doing it for a class credit, thus why they only do it when school is in session.

The ACC needs to figure its stuff out soon. The ACC Network has really crappy affiliates and half of them don't cover every game. Either find some worthwhile affiliates to actually cover the games, get an actual ACC cable channel, or do a digital streaming channel since that seems to be where television is heading.

My concern with Saturday's game is the noon start. The crowd will be flat, especially at the beginning. We need to get going early and get the crowd cheering.

I somehow get pretty much every game, including this one, on a local affiliate in Cleveland

Deac83, I didn't try that, as I don't have Internet at home, but I may opt for it soon. Also, I am one of 3 people on the planet who don't own a cell phone.
Definitely not a millennial here.

For some reason Comcast in Houston has a channel dedicated to showing ACC basketball. They're showing 6 of Wake's games this year. Showed Wake's game last night.

The Tampa area never shows midweek Raycom games, even FSU and Miami. We get the weekend games on a CW affiliate.

I could be wrong but I think the cheerleaders have some sort of scholarship or stipend, where as the pep band is not paid and is doing it for a class credit, thus why they only do it when school is in session.

I don't know about the cheerleaders, but back in the 90's the band only got 1 academic credit for marching band, the football season. The pep-band for basketball was all volunteer but you had play marching band to suffer through 2-10 football seasons to be allowed to play in the basketball pep band. If we stayed around to play during the holidays we had to provide our own housing a meals.

The Tampa area never shows midweek Raycom games, even FSU and Miami. We get the weekend games on a CW affiliate.

When they're not shown you get them on ESPN3 though, right?

The idea is everyone can watch every game either through the local affliate or ESPN3.

still waiting for an explanation as to why Winslow wasn't T'd up, that's automatic and called every time. Danny was pissed

What happened on this play? Was at the game, but couldn't tell...

When they're not shown you get them on ESPN3 though, right?

The idea is everyone can watch every game either through the local affliate or ESPN3.

There have been a few blackouts over the years. I've used theacc.com when that happens. It's delayed even more. Watching on delay on a computer screen is far behind watching on TV.

Deac83, I didn't try that, as I don't have Internet at home, but I may opt for it soon. Also, I am one of 3 people on the planet who don't own a cell phone.
Definitely not a millennial here.

When I first read this I thought, "WTF?!" and then I realized you're posting from the 'burg and I find myself not the least bit surprised.

What happened on this play? Was at the game, but couldn't tell...

If I had to guess it was because he didn't say anything. He stepped up then was immediately pulled away by a teammate. Plus, you know, Duke. (And maybe all's fair based on some of Devin's jawing earlier)

There have been a few blackouts over the years. I've used theacc.com when that happens. It's delayed even more. Watching on delay on a computer screen is far behind watching on TV.

Yeah, the 30 second to 2 minute delay on ESPN3 is the only drawback I've ever experienced. The feed has always been HD and reliable for me but you can't follow the game on twitter and the board while watching. #FirstWorldProblems

i came here for game discussion, and all i got was this lousy broadcasting talk.

If I had to guess it was because he didn't say anything. He stepped up then was immediately pulled away by a teammate. Plus, you know, Duke. (And maybe all's fair based on some of Devin's jawing earlier)

Yeah, as far as I could tell he didn't say anything. He just just got right in McClinton's face and stared at him with his chest puffed out but he mouth was not moving. Some other Dookie pushed him away before anything happened. McClinton's foul was pretty hard and it happened right after Greg made a bad turnover...such a freshman sequence on Greg's part.

Back