• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Downtown

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
Hadn't seen anything about this so far. New Wake space for engineering and sciences in the "Innovation Corridor" in Downtown W-S.

http://wakedowntown.wfu.edu/

wakedowntownHero_darker.jpg

slider_biotech.jpg

Other than logistics of getting the nerds back and forth from campus, looks pretty schweet.

The building with the @ sign is the PA school (and other offices), the building to the right of it in the picture is the med school, and the building to the right of it is the new undergrad science space (under construction). There are apartments in the Piedmont Leaf building and behind the medical school.

heyyyyy my office is in that space - you can see my window in the picture!

They are building up this area like crazy right now. So many cool things going in and they're renovating these old warehouses to be really modern spaces...I'm excited to see how much more it changes.

Innovation Quarter, not Corridor, unless they are branding it differently than I'm aware.

shut up and give me updates on Rails to Trails!!

They're supposed to turning all the old rail road tracks in walking/biking trails. And Hawk Is my inside info man

shut up and give me updates on Rails to Trails!!

They're supposed to turning all the old rail road tracks in walking/biking trails. And Hawk Is my inside info man

Update as of mid-September: Southern section between Rams Drive and Third Street is nearing completion, as the connection from Third Street is tied in with the 10' sidepath constructed with Research Parkway.

but but but that parking lot :(

otherwise cool, but there goes the primary downtown parking option. hopefully they reopen the parking deck next door to that soon.

Maybe I'm spoiled by walking mostly everywhere downtown but I've always thought there was ample on-street options within a block of the major downtown corridors. The Center City West (parking deck closest to Foothills) is back open so that's helpful for 4th Street options.

Maybe I'm spoiled by walking mostly everywhere downtown but I've always thought there was ample on-street options within a block of the major downtown corridors. The Center City West (parking deck closest to Foothills) is back open so that's helpful for 4th Street options.

I'm thinking of the one at 4th and Poplar which has been chained off for some time (last I noticed - could be reopen now). I thought it might be due to the library construction which really doesn't make a lot of sense when I think about it. Are you referring to the one between Foothills and Quanto Basta on 4th? They are on the same block so I suppose there's not actually much difference! but yes, in the scheme of things, downtown parking is not bad. That's just my go-to parking lot that they are going to be building on.

Looks great. Wish they'd do something with the shithole around the stadium and LJVM though.

I'm thinking of the one at 4th and Poplar which has been chained off for some time (last I noticed - could be reopen now). I thought it might be due to the library construction which really doesn't make a lot of sense when I think about it. Are you referring to the one between Foothills and Quanto Basta on 4th? They are on the same block so I suppose there's not actually much difference! but yes, in the scheme of things, downtown parking is not bad. That's just my go-to parking lot that they are going to be building on.

I hear you. Not sure of the deal with the other lot at 4th/Poplar (privately owned). All in all, this is huge tho.

and here's an update on the greenway through WFIQ: anticipated completion in summer 2017. Bridges recently installed over 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th. Some landscaping work still underway south of 3rd.

Back