• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Downtown

Great wangs, great 'za. Bring back Freddie the B's and six dollar all-you-can-drink. New basketball!

If anything needs to come back to what it was, it's Ziggy's.

Hmmmm, I feel like maybe they upped it to 6 from 5 at some point? I might be wrong. Maybe Daytona's on Tuesdays was 6 since they raffled off a keg at the end of the night? I defer to you guys, though.

$5 or $6 it was the greatest bar special in the history of the world. miss freddie buckets

So I'm under the impression that none of the places we used to go out are places current Wake kids would ever go and/or no longer exist: Freddie B's, Daytona's, Black Bear, Burke Street (didn't Townie's best friend murder a guy here last week?), whatever that place was that was near Ziggy's that changed names a bunch (Brew Ha Has), etc. To current students, we are like the old timers who talk about the Safari Room.

If we're revitalizing downtown, let's bring back Dirtwater Fox.

So I'm under the impression that none of the places we used to go out are places current Wake kids would ever go and/or no longer exist: Freddie B's, Daytona's, Black Bear, Burke Street (didn't Townie's best friend murder a guy here last week?), whatever that place was that was near Ziggy's that changed names a bunch (Brew Ha Has), etc. To current students, we are like the old timers who talk about the Safari Room.

Burke St has beer pong on Wednesday's which I believe gets some decent student attendance although this was before the shooting so who knows now. The Tap and Opera House no clue who frequents those places.

Burke St has beer pong on Wednesday's which I believe gets some decent student attendance although this was before the shooting so who knows now. The Tap and Opera House no clue who frequents those places.

People who love $3 rail drinks?

I spent entirely too much time at Burke Street Pub my senior year. Probably like 3 nights a week.

I think someone shot a gun off during $5 all you can drink at Freddie Bs during summer school and they put it up to $6 after that to keep out the riff raff. That sounds like a joke but I'm dead serious. Summer 99 ish

Back