• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WAKE/DUKE THREAD

We have seen nothing in 2+ Seasons to get excited about. It's not so much this loss As it is a lack of any wins to hang our hats on and can honestly say, "we just need to give this some time"

Looked similar, or maybe somewhat better, than most of trips to Durham since 1997.

Certainly had issues, but for the 1st game in ACC play and having to do it in Cameron, better than expected.

Fire away.

It really was a good experience and effort for our team and shameful that so many won't admit that.

We have seen nothing in 2+ Seasons to get excited about. It's not so much this loss As it is a lack of any wins to hang our hats on and can honestly say, "we just need to give this some time"

Agreed. I absolutely expected us to lose and frankly would have pretty much regardless of how good of a team we had.

Two and a half seasons in and [Redacted] does not have a win he can hang his hat on. That's at least part of the problem.

It really was a good experience and effort for our team and shameful that so many won't admit that.

it's shameful that we lost be 18 and people are trying to spin it as a positive. That's BS. We lost by 18. We lost our 9th straight rivalry game. This sucks. Quit pretending otherwise.

I like some of what we did, but the end result is more validation that we aren't very good, and something needs to change for that to not be the case. More time is not the answer.

[Redacted] post game:

"I’m not making excuses, but we have 7 freshmen."

RT @laurakeeley: [Redacted], when talking about how experience matters, cites that Tim Duncan had 0 points and 0 rebounds in his 1st game

When moral victories are the most positive thing the Bzzinners can point to, the battle has long since been over. Those remaining on the side of Bz at this late date will be the bkf's of the next generation, still holding onto something that was never there to begin with. #Buzzout

[Redacted] post game:

RT @laurakeeley: [Redacted], when talking about how experience matters, cites that Tim Duncan had 0 points and 0 rebounds in his 1st game

Those aren't real? Right? LOL. Still digging for rock bottom...

K could have won by 40 if he wanted to. Wellman must have made a call ala that pre-season game (Rollins maybe?)

If I told you I was from Philadelphia would this make me a tough, lazy putz? Or would it not change anything and we'd still just be where we are. Me a lazy putz and you being wrong about your rule proposal. And old.

To reiterate, if Shaquille O'Neill passed the ball and started running toward Steve Nash, the rules should allow Steve Nash to spend the night in the hospital with an imprint of Shaq's balls still in his face because rjkarl thinks Steve Nash shouldn't be a pussy.

Another lazy excuse for your constant behavior problems.

That's a preoposterous idea. But it doesn't surpise me. You have no interest in being anything other than a putz.

That's what you said about this year.

I didn't realize how pessimistic you guys were. We are significantly better than last year and starting to play good ball. Nice class coming in next year too.

[Redacted] post game:

Man, [Redacted] is really lost.

Those aren't real? Right? LOL. Still digging for rock bottom...
https://twitter.com/laurakeeley

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley

Embarrassing RT @starnewsacc Give the Deacs credit. They don't shoot well. They don't play defense, but they are still competing hard.

@starnewsacc Wake Forest isn't some tiny mid-major. This is inexcusable.

I didn't realize how pessimistic you guys were. We are significantly better than last year and starting to play good ball. Nice class coming in next year too.

Are we? Last year we were 9-4 13 games in, this year we are 7-6.

Mediocre class coming in next year.

i am sick of the "No excuses, BUT" bullshit. Say we got beat by a better team, we'll try harder next time.

Back