• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WAKE/DUKE THREAD

Please find me the instances where "some of our best teams" trailed by double digits for the entire final 28:36 of the game.

Right, I can also pick out points in time during the game....

2776228_o.gif

I didn't hear any of the mentions of Duncan's line against Alaska-Anchorage. But since I'm interested in facts, I'll post a few.

In Duncan's first game, he played 10 minutes and scored 0 points on 0 FG attempts. He had 7 rebounds. Somehow that has been twisted into some crazy story about one of the greatest players of all time having a slow start to his career when in fact, he was an unheralded freshman coming out of nowhere to start his first game and he managed to get 7 boards in 10 min in a strictly defensive capacity.

By the way, he had 12 and 12 in 26 minutes in his next game against Hawaii and 15/3 in his first ACC game.

My point exactly - they kept saying he had no pts and no rebounds and i was sure that was wrong. I think he had some blocks, too?

You asked for OGB to provide sources for his statements. He did. Now you're conflating. That's all that's happening right now.

Please find me the instances where "some of our best teams" trailed by double digits for the entire final 28:36 of the game.

2001 - 62-85 (23 pts) dook #2 Wake #9 Wake NCAA (Butler) Coach Odom

Down by 12 at half time (49-61), yes 61 points in a half given up by a top 10 Wake team in Cameron.

You're not enlightening anyone. The distinction OGB is making is the difference between simply losing by double digits vs having been down by double digits for 3/4 of the game (being completely noncompetitive).

Okay. So minus the Dino years, our d has been bad for a while.

It was bad today, but did you expect any different? They are quicker, stronger, smarter, more mature, and battle tested. The game I watched today was exactly how I thought it would be. Our guys were pumped, they played hard but they were no match for a well coached, experienced team full of HS AAs.

You're right, it was about what I expected. The 1 thing I didn't expect is that we would do better than hang with them on the boards. But the question is, though they played hard and got beat by a better team, are you satisfied with what you're watching and with the state of the program in year 3?

You're right, it was about what I expected. The 1 thing I didn't expect is that we would do better than hang with them on the boards. But the question is, though they played hard and got beat by a better team, are you satisfied with what you're watching and with the state of the program in year 3?

No, not at all. I am firmly BzzOut (I think dumping him now and letting Battle take the lead would be best for the team and the season). Our head coach does not have what it takes to get us where we want to be, and even if he did turn into the GOAT overnight, he is never going to win over the fans. How successful can any program be without a strong, supportive fan base?

I'm not at all pleased with the product in year 3, but the product on the floor is not a team full of HS AAs and Burger Boys with high expectations who are failing miserably to live up to those expectations. Its a very young team with good talent being lead by a clueless, in-over-his-head coach...and no loss surprises me.

And I honestly think Wellman will keep Buzz around for 1-2 more seasons.

No, not at all. I am firmly BzzOut (I think dumping him now and letting Battle take the lead would be best for the team and the season). Our head coach does not have what it takes to get us where we want to be, and even if he did turn into the GOAT overnight, he is never going to win over the fans. How successful can any program be without a strong, supportive fan base?

I'm not at all pleased with the product in year 3, but the product on the floor is not a team full of HS AAs and Burger Boys with high expectations who are failing miserably to live up to those expectations. Its a very young team with good talent being lead by a clueless, in-over-his-head coach...and no loss surprises me.

And I honestly think Wellman will keep Buzz around for 1-2 more seasons.

Then I completely agree with you.

Back