• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Florida State Game Thread

Is there people out there that are bzz-in that still believe buzz outers are the minority and the lunatic fringe?

I hope Disco Dan brings the heat.

I like what this guy said
Chris Johnson @wake forest sports- why post this if you're just going to delete every post? You want our money for tickets and donations but we aren't allowed to voice our opinion on what a clownfest this has become?

Keep going, Kim!

Kimberly Marshall Your censorship of every negative post on this page is reprehensible for a storied institution of higher learning. Wake Forest Students and Alum have a right to complain about a coach as long as it is not libelous, commercial, or in violation of Facebook policies. I have reviewed the policy stated on this Wake Forest Sports Facebook page as well as Facebook's policies and none of my comments (or any of the others I read before you deleted them) violated any of these policies. Your actions are shameful! Do you think deleting fans' posts will cover up the sorry state of Men's Basketball or the gross negligence of A.D. Ron Wellman and President Hatch in continuing to employ Coach [Redacted]?

Everyone knows [Redacted] has destroyed our basketball program and that Wellman and Hatch have enabled him. Attempting to silence the voices of devoted Wake Forest fans by deleting legitimate Facebook comments will accomplish nothing more than further alienating Wake Forest fans. Wake Forest Basketball would not exist as a division 1 ACC program without the support of your fans.

Whoever is deleting these posts is NOT worthy of representing Wake Forest and should be fired!

The best part of the Facebook threads is the outraged lady fans. They take no prisoners.

Keep going, Kim!

Kimberly Marshall Your censorship of every negative post on this page is reprehensible for a storied institution of higher learning. Wake Forest Students and Alum have a right to complain about a coach as long as it is not libelous, commercial, or in violation of Facebook policies. I have reviewed the policy stated on this Wake Forest Sports Facebook page as well as Facebook's policies and none of my comments (or any of the others I read before you deleted them) violated any of these policies. Your actions are shameful! Do you think deleting fans' posts will cover up the sorry state of Men's Basketball or the gross negligence of A.D. Ron Wellman and President Hatch in continuing to employ Coach [Redacted]?

Everyone knows [Redacted] has destroyed our basketball program and that Wellman and Hatch have enabled him. Attempting to silence the voices of devoted Wake Forest fans by deleting legitimate Facebook comments will accomplish nothing more than further alienating Wake Forest fans. Wake Forest Basketball would not exist as a division 1 ACC program without the support of your fans.

Whoever is deleting these posts is NOT worthy of representing Wake Forest and should be fired!

Sure, but does she know the alma mater?

Check out the Arizona-ASU thread. He called out another ref. I nearly shit myself.

I say all the yime when they miss calls. Most of the time they don't or they are that close that it is hard to say. It is hard to argue the 50-50 calls, as we call them in the games we are in. It is all about the angles we have on a play vs what somebody else might have. And remember, we don't care who wins where fans, coaches & players do...big difference.

But in the Arizona-ASU game, that was a blatant hanging on the rim-chin up. Gotta have the guts to call it no matter what the time is left in the game. The block call at the end of our game was a bad miss. There was no where else for the defender to go & he was stationary and outside the arc. Easy charge call. Go back to our UNC victory in early January. They missed Cav jumping on McDonald on the loose ball that led to the Flagrant 1 elbow foul. The college guys let the do that too much even though the rule book says you can't jump on a defenseless player on the ground. Going for a loose ball does not give a player the right to jump on or go through a player. The foul must be called.

The NBA is getting the principle of verticality correct with Hibbert, must to the dislike of opposing players & coaches. He is leaving his feet but goling straight up. That is legal and always has been legal. But coaches & TV people always think that is a foul on the defense. It is not, if anything it can be a foul on the offense for creating the contact, but usually a no-call.

Was there a postgame press conference?

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/021514aag.html

Wake Forest Head Coach Jeff [Redacted]

Opening Statement...
"In the guts of the game we simply could not get a timely stop or a timely shot to go down. Obviously, in the first half we defended well. In the second half we got broken down off the dribble and did not do a very good job on the boards. You are not going to win a lot of games if you are not defending and rebounding for all 40 minutes. We turned the ball over a couple of times that were bad turnovers and it lead to run-outs for them."

On the play of Tyler Cavanaugh and Coron Williams coming off the bench...
"They are both very good shooters and found ways to get open. They did a pretty good job of knocking down shots. They were 5-for-14 on three-pointers and we will take that. They did a really good job offensively."

On the play of Florida State...
"They are a very good defensive team. Their defense keeps them in the ball game. We are best when we run but in order to run you have to get stops and you need to culminate those stops with defensive rebounds."

Wake Forest's Coron Williams

On what happened in the second half...
"I can't tell you what happened...and it has happened a few times. We get up in the first half- by 10, and then something happens where our energy decreases."

On the game overall...
"It's a 40 minute game. You can't do it for 36, 38, 39 minutes. We played well in the first half with our energy and effort, and then they made their run."

On coming off the bench....
"I don't want to say it [playing] made a difference. I was able to come out with the energy I had in the beginning of the year. I need to come out like that every game, because that's what we need."

"In the guts of the game we simply could not get a timely stop or a timely shot to go down. Obviously, in the first half we defended well. In the second half we got broken down off the dribble and did not do a very good job on the boards. You are not going to win a lot of games if you are not defending and rebounding for all 40 minutes. We turned the ball over a couple of times that were bad turnovers and it lead to run-outs for them."

LOLOLOL, no we didn't, they were just missing wide open shots and playing like a pack of idiots. Shut up, Jeff.

Also, Buzz and Coron realize that we didn't actually play well in the first half, right?

LOLOLOL, no we didn't, they were just missing wide open shots and playing like a pack of idiots. Shut up, Jeff.

And if you watch every half of every game this season, then it's the same story night after night. We don't play good defense; teams shoot terribly or we don't beat them. Tonight was a case-in-point.

Star-News ACC ‏@starnewsacc 1h

Horrible loss for Wake Forest tonight. The kind from which you don't recover.

Jeff Hyde ‏@JefferyTHyde 37m

“@starnewsacc: Horrible loss for Wake Forest tonight. The kind from which you don't recover.” Could it be the Coach? #buzzout

Jonathan Bennett ‏@WakeForestIndy 25m

@starnewsacc Those crazy Wake fans think the coach might be the problem.

Back