• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Skenes aint going tonight. They have no need to do that, they need to win 1 without him and won't risk his arm on 3 days rest.
I would not be surprised to see him tonight, depending upon how the game goes. If he can give them an inning or two, I would absolutely keep him available (but would not start him).

I think this ump has been pretty good on ball/strike calls. Best I’ve seen in the tournament.

I would not be surprised to see him tonight, depending upon how the game goes. If he can give them an inning or two, I would absolutely keep him available (but would not start him).
If LSU is up 3-1 going into the 8th, would they pitch Skenes knowing they could start him tomorrow? I don't see it.

Man, TCU just hasn't been able to take advantage - 2 for 8 with RISP (and didn't score on the second hit)

it just seems odd that the bracket sets up to give another team an extra day's rest, especially when a lower seed. I'm not sure how to change it but feels like something could be done.

Back