• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

fwiw, i’m not sure we see lowder tomorrow. we have a pretty strong rep for pitcher arm health, and walter has even been on record fretting the possibility of having to pitch one day early (on five days rest instead of the usual six).

would not be shocked (or upset, personally) if we see mascolo + bullpen tomorrow

Conventional wisdom says we lose 7-3 tomorrow. Hopefully we can overcome our Wakeness and be different. This team has the talent and the intangibles.

I guess tomorrow is Lowder, Roland, Massey and Minacci.

I haven’t looked at the numbers, but in what the announcers were saying they were pitching against their trend. If a guy goes slider first pitch 70% of the time you don’t expect a fastball.

So LSU sort of pitched against their scouting report. Hat tip and adjust for tomorrow
I get it, keep it in mind, but don't take

Good news, we got another chance tomorrow night. Bad news, we may well be heart broken again tomorrow night.

Well - really came down to a few ABs. They took advantage once. We didn’t at all. That can change tomorrow

Two great teams. One rubber match. Two top ten picks. If you told me this is where we would be before season and tournament started, I’d have to ask to be pinched. Win and let’s finish it. Lose - one hell of a season and the start of something special. Be loose, have fun, get drunk and Go Deacs.

My guess is Lowder starts tomorrow but he's on a very strict pitch count.

fwiw, i’m not sure we see lowder tomorrow. we have a pretty strong rep for pitcher arm health, and walter has even been on record fretting the possibility of having to pitch one day early (on five days rest instead of the usual six).

would not be shocked (or upset, personally) if we see mascolo + bullpen tomorrow
Oh we’re seeing Rhett. This is for glory baby.

It’s 7 PM @Deacfan2009

and if you're playing for the whole shebang then I don't mind the gamble to keep him for the finals

That’s all well and good during the season. This is different.

Hard to find much to be optimistic about right now. Maybe if this was an anomaly but good god our offense has been nonexistent for 3 games. And tonight was supposed to be our opportunity to go deep in the LSU pitching ranks.

Back