• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I’m not going to watch one second of this weekend. I’m immediately just switching to tracking who is transferring in and out, and where our boys go in the draft (hopefully some will decide they want to run it back again and finish the job).

Just felt like we never had a chance from the outset unless we put up goose eggs...which we did for 10 innings. But 3 hits...woof. Rake Forest didn't rake jack shit in Omaha. Bats fell quiet and with the best hitter out tonight, and a lefty to boot, it felt like a slow death with a brief tease there on the bunt. I never felt like we had a chance to score unless we had the heart of the order up...which was down one man.

Somebody already said how much it sucks being a Wake fan. It really does. Best we can hope for is a conference title in the revenue sports and to maybe squeeze in a CWS every 70 years. Realignment is likely the death knell, but at least I won't have to worry about it any more once that happens. FML.

Just what the fuck happened to the offense? What happened to Brock Wilken? A guy who is supposed to be a first round draft pick and goes 1-12 in his last 3 while looking completely lost?

I don’t get it. Baseball sucks.

I’m not going to watch one second of this weekend. I’m immediately just switching to tracking who is transferring in and out, and where our boys go in the draft (hopefully some will decide they want to run it back again and finish the job).
I'm asking the girl if she wants to go to Disney this weekend now, and I'll pay for the Swan Reserve. And I'll drink around the world at Epcot instead of watching.

Tough end to the season, gonna be hard to digest that one for a long time. We had a hell of a run.

If you want to be future looking, several of the guys that will likely be back and big pieces next year (Houston, Lee, Hartle, Massey) were quite good in Omaha. We’ll be back.

Historic season for the Deacs. Shame we couldn't close it out.

Deacs went 1-15 with RISP over the last two nights. Obviously that won't get it done - but in that context the squeeze play was a good call.

I’m not planning to either but I hope LSU wins because our games with them have been the real championship

MLB draft July 9-11. In conjunction with all star game.

Obviously it sucked for us, but it was an amazing elimination game that went extra innings tied 0-0 and ended with a walkoff homerun by an All American.
Yeah nobody wants that. They want a Cinderella story which is the #1 seed that nobody talks about outshining the SEC darling and winning on a Corona double. Fuck Tubby White and his bullshit

Just what the fuck happened to the offense? What happened to Brock Wilken? A guy who is supposed to be a first round draft pick and goes 1-12 in his last 3 while looking completely lost?

I don’t get it. Baseball sucks.
Please; just stop.

Back