• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

80deacon designated “mediocre” ND is winning in game one of the doubleheader against #6 Louisville. They won on Friday so if they win either game today they win the series.
relief pitcher came in with runners 1st and 2nd no outs and grooved a 3-0 pitch figuring the batter would take it. Cranked a 3 run shot.

Video replay in college seems like a waste of time. the angles are never good enough to provide indisputable evidence unless it is just a terrible call.

Need a refresh on the rules. If they have completed 6 innings at 4:46, can a winner be declared?

In theory if that is the case, if someone has a lead in the bottom of an inning as the clock approaches 4:45, there is massive incentive to stall so as not to start a new inning.

Wouldn’t be a problem if Louder was pitching, he’s one of the fastest tempo pitchers I’ve ever seen

Need a refresh on the rules. If they have completed 6 innings at 4:46, can a winner be declared?

In theory if that is the case, if someone has a lead in the bottom of an inning as the clock approaches 4:45, there is massive incentive to stall so as not to start a new inning.
I think five complete is enough?

But that’s if it’s called for weather. Not sure there’s a protocol for ending for a plane schedule. It would likely be discussed at the plate meeting.

Notre Dame holds on against Louisville. Findlay didn't pitch as well as he did against us but he pitched well enough to get another win over a top five team. At this point they're looking like a likely tournament team.

I think five complete is enough?

But that’s if it’s called for weather. Not sure there’s a protocol for ending for a plane schedule. It would likely be discussed at the plate meeting.
It happened last year with us and Louisville I believe. I think they just acted as if it never happened which is dumb as shit.

Hartle’s 93 is faster than you think when you’re watching so many huge hook pitches in the mid 80s. His length on release just doesn’t give you a lot of time.

There is a standard rule That a new ending can't start after a certain time on sun

So Miami booked a 4:45 flight out of Charlotte after a noon start?

So Miami booked a 4:45 flight out of Charlotte after a noon start?
It’s why it was dumb for the acc to get away from two on Saturday. That used to be more common in college baseball and gave you some flexibility based on weather. Of course todays weather was out of nowhere.

The flight isn’t at 4:45. They need to leave for the airport by 4:45 in order to make their flight, which is later

Gotcha. That’s still cutting it close though.

Gotcha. That’s still cutting it close though.
Without a rain delay it was allowing for a 5 hour game, which is perfectly reasonable.

Sunday rain delays cause lots of problems in college baseball unfortunately

Back