• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Not a good feeling when your #3 hitter and projected highest offensive draft pick is up and you’re praying he just walks since he can’t make contact with anything.

Muscle memory, superstition, and habit are a funny thing in baseball. The amount of players who step into the batter’s box and try to move the turf around like it’s dirt is always funny to me.

Damnit. That’s an awful 2nd out if it stands.

He’s definitely safe.

Let’s go. We’ve been on the other end of passed balls so many damn times the last decade. Feels good haha.

I thought the strategy of bringing in a relief pitcher 2-0 with the bases loaded

Can someone explain the replay rules to me? Like how many challenges does each team get and can the umpires initiate reviews on their own at any time? I could look it up, but I’m guessing one of y’all knows it off the top of your head.

Can someone explain the replay rules to me? Like how many challenges does each team get and can the umpires initiate reviews on their own at any time? I could look it up, but I’m guessing one of y’all knows it off the top of your head.
Think it’s 2 per team (but if you’re right then you don’t lose it). I think the umps can do it whenever they want.

Back