• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Hate to say it but Kurtz should have had a pinch runner if he isn’t able to even try to score on that

Not our day today. Obviously we take the series on the road and are happy.

Glaring problem is low BA with runners on. Don’t care what anyone says gotta get some of those runs in and we repeatedly don’t. On the whole with our pitching we are poised to win 2/3 in most series. Don’t know how that will play out in the post season. You could feel early on that leaving so many on would come back to get us today. It didn’t yesterday.

It feels bad because of how that last game went, but I’ll take 2/3 @ a top ten team every single time.

It took us throwing up all over ourselves to not sweep them. It’s cliche, but it really does seem like the vast majority of teams aren’t able to beat Wake unless we just beat ourselves.

It feels bad because of how that last game went, but I’ll take 2/3 @ a top ten team every single time.

It took us throwing up all over ourselves to not sweep them. It’s cliche, but it really does seem like the vast majority of teams aren’t able to beat Wake unless we just beat ourselves.
I get you and I think overall this wake team wins a ton of games in any conference any regular season. But we didn’t beat ourselves today UL did. We scored two runs. UL made an error Friday that cost them a grand slam. It happens but we rely a ton on pitching and clean innings and we score a really low percentage of our base runners. Even without the bad news bears today we lose 3-2.

I love the enthusiasm and shit I love the attitude. But I’d like to see a little more business approach on offense at times and at least score a run or two when we have bases loaded and one out. Our pitchers are too good I think the other nine should bear down a little bit otherwise this will end up being the most wake forest ending of a season ever. Brock watching three strikes in the same spot is an example.

I get you and I think overall this wake team wins a ton of games in any conference any regular season. But we didn’t beat ourselves today UL did. We scored two runs. UL made an error Friday that cost them a grand slam. It happens but we rely a ton on pitching and clean innings and we score a really low percentage of our base runners. Even without the bad news bears today we lose 3-2.

I love the enthusiasm and shit I love the attitude. But I’d like to see a little more business approach on offense at times and at least score a run or two when we have bases loaded and one out. Our pitchers are too good I think the other nine should bear down a little bit otherwise this will end up being the most wake forest ending of a season ever. Brock watching three strikes in the same spot is an example.
AND Kurtz clearly still has some rust and Cecere isn’t back yet.

I wonder what Brock’s numbers look like before and after Cecere/Kurtz injuries.

It seems to me teams will take their chances with a Pierce double or single with Brock on base rather than Brock going deep.

At the major league level I don’t ascribe much to lineup protection, but in college I think it matters.

I wonder what Brock’s numbers look like before and after Cecere/Kurtz injuries.

It seems to me teams will take their chances with a Pierce double or single with Brock on base rather than Brock going deep.

At the major league level I don’t ascribe much to lineup protection, but in college I think it matters.
He’s got like 3 HR in the past 18 games and 16 on the season, so yea.

Back