• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Was reading Wake’s 990 today. Walter was making less than $500K as of a few years ago.

And didn't even make the cut to get listed as a highest compensated employee on the FY 20/21 990 (2020 compensation).

Until this season this board has almost universally trashed Walter.

To add: Starting Keener tonight lines him up to start next Friday's opener of the regional, with Lowder and Hartle to pitch the second and third games.
Makes perfect sense to pitch him against the 4 and save Lowder.

I don't even know what to think about any of this.

As long as our game is on tv tomorrow it's whatever.

I'm still just so bitter about the ridiculous format

I’m cool with Keener starting tonight, but also pitching Sullivan is overkill.

I guess Walter is praying for a monsoon Sat/Sun

Sucks, but not surprising- it’s all about the eyeballs. And even though we’re the #1 team in the country, UNC/Clemson is going to get more of them than Wake/Miami.
Lol it’s not about the eyeballs.

ACCN is fully set up to broadcast from Durham. They aren’t going to move all their stuff to Chapel Hill. And we go to Chapel Hill because UNC was rightfully not given the advantage of playing at home.

How many of you guys are meaningfully affected by the difference between the two channels? I’m streaming anyways so it makes literally no difference to me.

For the most part I don’t care. I prefer when it’s on a broadcast channel so I can flip (youtube tv)

But I will just set up a second screen

Back