• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Brutal - nothing too do but drink (and they are out of Deacon Brew). I may be hammered for this game.

What's the parking situation like? If we make it to next weekend, I'm probably going to bring the truck to a game or two.
I got the Couch/McCreary Tower lot pass and there were PLENTY of spots yesterday and today. Lots of folks seemed to be coming from the Gold lot area - didn’t seem to have anyone guarding that entrance from Deacon Blvd.

I got the Couch/McCreary Tower lot pass and there were PLENTY of spots yesterday and today. Lots of folks seemed to be coming from the Gold lot area - didn’t seem to have anyone guarding that entrance from Deacon Blvd.
We're going to try and get tix and a pass if we make it. I'll try and shoot for the Tower lot.

I get delaying the game. Would suck to have Lowder pitch an inning and have a delay and then not be able to go anymore.
Totally agree. Sucks just sitting here, but I’d much rather Lowder not have to sit for an extended time or not be able to make it back out.

Here's the future cast radar for 7:30.

b2cc7bb07b572806399c5b9f2ddf3806.jpg

If the weather channel radar projection is close to accurate, I don’t see how we start before 8 or 8:30.

Overheard a Maryland parent say we wanted to push this to start, Maryland pushed for the delay, and that he (the parent) thought that was better for Md. So we may be getting jobbed in our own park.

Overheard a Maryland parent say we wanted to push this to start, Maryland pushed for the delay, and that he (the parent) thought that was better for Md. So we may be getting jobbed in our own park.
Seems way worse for us to have there be a delay 4 innings into the game, considering the SP advantage that we have.

But this seems silly, if the rain isn’t coming for 90 minutes+ from the scheduled start you gotta just start the damn game.

Back