• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

What’s up with Costello? Is he healthy?
came in for defensive purposes late in the game. I think it was a righty/lefty decision... paid off as Cecere had the wining RBI. Not nad having Costello (or Cecere) available off the bench depending on match ups.

Just got home. Awesome to get the W today. Was a tight game the felt like it could’ve gone either way so happy to be on the right side of things. Pretty stressful being in the stands! Huge to grab the first win in a series like this.

Also pleasantly surprised by the lack of red in the crowd. Felt like way less than 600 Bama fans. Looks like they were the ones putting tickets for sale online for crazy prices instead of the other way around.

Who is bama's likely starter tmrw?
Copy-and-pasted from a Q&A earlier in the week with a Bama Rivals guy:

Answer: I’d actually give the No. 2 pitcher slot to Garrett McMillan. He was Alabama’s Friday starter last year but didn’t make his season debut until April due to a muscle strain. McMillan gave up six runs over four innings against Troy last week, but he allowed just five runs over 17⅔ innings in his three previous starts against Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn.

Jackson hasn’t announced how he’ll set up his rotation, but I’d guess that he will go with Holman, McMillan and McNairy in that order. That’s how Alabama handled the three games in its regional.

Copy-and-pasted from a Q&A earlier in the week with a Bama Rivals guy:

Answer: I’d actually give the No. 2 pitcher slot to Garrett McMillan. He was Alabama’s Friday starter last year but didn’t make his season debut until April due to a muscle strain. McMillan gave up six runs over four innings against Troy last week, but he allowed just five runs over 17⅔ innings in his three previous starts against Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn.

Jackson hasn’t announced how he’ll set up his rotation, but I’d guess that he will go with Holman, McMillan and McNairy in that order. That’s how Alabama handled the three games in its regional.
Thought Larry and Stan mentioned in the post game today that McMillan would be tomorrow's starter for Bama.

Anyone see the numbers on the HRs today like we usually do on the analytics twitter? I could not find anything. Really interested in the Hawke homer. It was sure smoked and seemed to still be smoking when it hit the scoreboard.

came in for defensive purposes late in the game. I think it was a righty/lefty decision... paid off as Cecere had the wining RBI. Not nad having Costello (or Cecere) available off the bench depending on match ups.
Costello also got hit 50 times against the dirty turtles.

Just got home. Awesome to get the W today. Was a tight game the felt like it could’ve gone either way so happy to be on the right side of things. Pretty stressful being in the stands! Huge to grab the first win in a series like this.

Also pleasantly surprised by the lack of red in the crowd. Felt like way less than 600 Bama fans. Looks like they were the ones putting tickets for sale online for crazy prices instead of the other way around.
I was told the box office was selling some of Alabama’s unused allotment at the game today….think $20.

I'm not reading back through all of this, but Windy's a good dude for recognizing flaws in his perspective.

Can we get back to sending these inbred fucktards back to Alabama?

By Sunday evening. I've got reservations at Ryan's.

Thought Larry and Stan mentioned in the post game today that McMillan would be tomorrow's starter for Bama.
Their info would be more up-to-date than mine; don't think Alabama's coach has said anything about their pitching plan in yesterday or today's pressers so I'm kind of working off of old info.

Anyone see the numbers on the HRs today like we usually do on the analytics twitter? I could not find anything. Really interested in the Hawke homer. It was sure smoked and seemed to still be smoking when it hit the scoreboard.
That stuff is put together during the season by Wake's analytics team ... which is made up of students, most of whom are home.

Also there might be some NCAA rules that keep teams from using TrackMan (the system that tracks exit velo/launch angle/etc.). The computers running it are always in our press box and last weekend and this one, they haven't been set up. I don't know what exactly the reasoning would be for the NCAA saying teams couldn't use TrackMan as it's data available to both teams ... but it'd hardly be the first time the NCAA did some arbitrary shit.

I’ve seen stuff about Alabama fans but all of my experiences were positive. Things were relatively calm until the Corona deal. The bullpen got chirpy and fans gave it right back. Even with all of that I did not have a bad experience with anyone I met.

I’ve seen stuff about Alabama fans but all of my experiences were positive. Things were relatively calm until the Corona deal. The bullpen got chirpy and fans gave it right back. Even with all of that I did not have a bad experience with anyone I met.

Those SEC pussies.

Their info would be more up-to-date than mine; don't think Alabama's coach has said anything about their pitching plan in yesterday or today's pressers so I'm kind of working off of old info.

That stuff is put together during the season by Wake's analytics team ... which is made up of students, most of whom are home.

Also there might be some NCAA rules that keep teams from using TrackMan (the system that tracks exit velo/launch angle/etc.). The computers running it are always in our press box and last weekend and this one, they haven't been set up. I don't know what exactly the reasoning would be for the NCAA saying teams couldn't use TrackMan as it's data available to both teams ... but it'd hardly be the first time the NCAA did some arbitrary shit.
Thanks! I thought it might be the case with the students since it has gone dark since late May.

Back