• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Maybe this is very old man yells at cloud of me, but I'm sick of "player/crowd noise" on these celebrations for sports broadcasts (this, US Open, etc.) that get bleeped out every 5 seconds because someone says something not nice. It sounds awful.
The thing that I hate the most about it is that it becomes painfully obvious that we are watching things on a delay since they have time to bleep stuff.

The thing that I hate the most about it is that it becomes painfully obvious that we are watching things on a delay since they have time to bleep stuff.
This is part of the reason why I want to be in Omaha next weekend (BTW, I need to text you...)

Are there any rules to the Jell-O shot challenge? Or can you just walk up and order a thousand or more?

LSU is going to absolutely demolish the overall record. Hoping we can help send em home early though!

Since they’re a packaged product I wonder how many the bar ordered and how they store them all.

Also, is there an ACC record? We will certainly get there.
This blew up so much last year, I think people forget that it only really started in earnest in 2021.

In 2019, Arkansas won with under 1000 shots. Then Miss State came in and blew that number away with ~2900 in 2021. Then last year things got crazy with Arkansas coming out strong and beating the Miss State record in a couple days (and finishing with nearly 9000 - roughly 3x the prior record), but then Ole Miss came roaring back and just demolished everyone with nearly 19000.

All that to say, to the extent there is an unofficial ACC record, it is now whatever our running total is.

Since they’re a packaged product I wonder how many the bar ordered and how they store them all.
They aren’t using packaged shots this year - they are making them onsite with the Jevo machine (think kind of like a Keurig for a tray of Jell-O shots). Apparently they set up in around 5 minutes and don’t need to be refrigerated (though guessing by some of the ones I consumed on Saturday, refrigeration would be nice).

They aren’t using packaged shots this year - they are making them onsite with the Jevo machine (think kind of like a Keurig for a tray of Jell-O shots). Apparently they set up in around 5 minutes and don’t need to be refrigerated (though guessing by some of the ones I consumed on Saturday, refrigeration would be nice).
Interesting. I had read somewhere they were prepackaged but this makes sense.

Sounds like a recipe for diarrhea

Back