• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Welp. Miami beat us, congratulations to them.

Disappointing.

Looking forward to better in the NCAAT.

for anyone who follows along closer than i do, is there a chance florida overtakes us for the top seed if they win the sec tourney?

That half inning summed up the day. Missed an HR by a few feet then loud out to warming track. Then double, then two doubles in a row robbed. We tagged the shit out of mister all American and it didn’t matter one iota.

Also, does it really matter so long as you’re in the top 8? I guess your seed determines “home field advantage” in Omaha?

for anyone who follows along closer than i do, is there a chance florida overtakes us for the top seed if they win the sec tourney?
It’s certainly possible. But honestly, I think it’s kind of unlikely.

Also, does it really matter so long as you’re in the top 8? I guess your seed determines “home field advantage” in Omaha?
It matters as far as the difficulty of super regional you are likely to get, but that assumes that all the top seeds advance out of regionals anyway

Back