• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

You said your own answer—Duke & UNC. Both national name basketball teams with multiple national titles. Entire country will watch them instead of Utah St vs Mizzou in the 10-7.
Wasn't a question on my part: I was disputing an earlier comment that we got shoved to ESPN+ b/c a 7/10 matchup was more "compelling", whereas you as you correctly stated it's about eyeballs.
No different that WalMart in W-S having a few racks of Hole gear and no Wake; I may not like it, but l understand the "why" behind it.

George Mason ... 158-196 stolen bases on year led by Trimble 30-38, Wood 29-33, Smith 22-26 , Pracht 20-21

217 Walks, 107 Hit by Pitch, 355 Strikeouts

Keep them off basepaths -- especially no free passes!!

Wake regional now sold out.
Wonder if there is thought to bring in temporary seating beyond the OF fences. Understand there may be logistical issues, but host teams often expand the seating for the NCAA baseball tournament. Also, could WF create another Deacon Hill on the grassy area down the RF line.

Wonder if there is thought to bring in temporary seating beyond the OF fences. Understand there may be logistical issues, but host teams often expand the seating for the NCAA baseball tournament. Also, could WF create another Deacon Hill on the grassy area down the RF line.

I'd be shocked if Currie isn't looking into it.

I would definitely bring a glove, helmet and first aid kit if sitting in that grassy area…..seen some wicked screamers hit that way.

Current DK CWS winner odds:

WF +450
LSU+750
ARK + 800
FL +900
Vandy +1200
Stanford +1200
TN +1800
S. Carolina +1800
Clemson +2500
OK State +3000
KY +3000
TX +3500
Miami +3500
Auburn +4000
Duke +4000
Oregon St. +4000

Mentioned this before, and I'm sure there's some liability issue there, but that grassy area was always open growing up going to Spirits games. Folks would sit there, but mostly it was kids fucking around and rolling down the hill, and whenever a foul ball came that way a dangerous rolling scrum would be formed to try to grab the ball -- think I answered my own question as to why it isn't open; but it should be! Bring back the kids wrestling for foul balls!

Current DK CWS winner odds:

WF +450
LSU+750
ARK + 800
FL +900
Vandy +1200
Stanford +1200
TN +1800
S. Carolina +1800
Clemson +2500
OK State +3000
KY +3000
TX +3500
Miami +3500
Auburn +4000
Duke +4000
Oregon St. +4000
Clemson still stands out to me value wise. Tough subregional draw but they're the hottest team in the country by far.

Took Clemson a few weeks ago at 40-1. Future markets are slow to adjust.

Arkansas has super favorable draw. Think there is value there.

I was hoping Maryland would be in a drivable regional.

Well, I got it, even if not exactly the one I thought was possible.

Driving down Thursday Night.
Please pay for parking up front without going through litigation to try to avoid that bill.

In 13 games against teams 100+ in the RPI this season, Wake has outscored opponents 173-26 (an average score of 13.3 to 2) and is 13-0. George Mason is 176th.
oh i get it. For someone who is as devoted to stats and analytics as I am, you'd think this would make feel better. Yet I draw no comfort from such things in this moment.
And this isn't my bit either. This is true feelings of angst.

Back